Chapter twenty four

Song:- Scars to your beautiful by Alessia Cara
Guys, I think this song suits this chapter. I don't know why but when I was writing this chapter, this song had always came up in mind. Listen to the lyrics, everything the singer says is true about every single one of you. ❤️

****

Adriana's POV

My heart hammered against my chest as I feel my legs just become like jelly the more I used it; I ran until I could no longer do it anymore. I feel my throat just dry up as the cold air hit my face, tears ran down my cheeks as I whimpered at the pain piercing in my chest. The cold night of November was becoming unbearable and the intimidating thing to me was I had no idea where to start from for my journey home.

Just as I assumed, it was so hard to get away from the mansion because there was acres of land everywhere. However, I somehow managed to leave that and enter a deserted road that was not even lit with one single light. I stopped for a second when the mansion was finally out of sight, I inhale and exhale and look behind me to see darkness before I sob.

The fact that I have finally managed to escape was such a relieve yet a mission but the thought was cut short when I was reminded of what really instigated the idea of leaving.

What I saw today morning mortified me and gave me more reason to not stay back.

Just as I was about to leave the hideout for a fresh walk around the garden, I seen Juliàn and Fabio dragging Luca in the mansion like a sack of potatoes.

My heart dropped to my stomach when I saw him, he used to worked as Antonio's undercover and I knew he did even more when he was sent to jail. I used to see him around the mansion working for both Destefano and Antonio but never spoke to him. If Luca was back, anything could happen.

My reverie was cut short when the most brightest and powerful light shone behind me, making my shadow just lay right in front of me. I heard the car come to a screeching halt before I look over my shoulder and then turn around; they've found me. I feel my heart just drop as defeat fills me. Tears run down my cheeks as I wonder how in the world to get away from them because every idea I seem to think about, never seems to work.

From where I was standing, I was able to see Dante with his piercing gaze. Even through the darkness, I was able to see how intense his glare was on me and so, before all three of them stepped out of the car, I decided to just do it.

I wiped my face and turned around before I ran like I was running for my life.

"What the fūck?" I heard one of them growl, "Adriana, what are you playing at?"

I heard a car door slam before the growling from the engine of the car came roaring back to life and suddenly, my feet began to move really fast.

I felt my heart racing as I try to get away from mafia men and the funny thing about this was the these men were not chasing me to hurt me, they were doing it to take me back to my past that I've spent years trying to avoid. They may not know what they're doing but I knew exactly what they were doing.

Although they were in a car, they somehow couldn't get to me and I knew they couldn't because of how dark it was. Anyway, I ran on the side of the road until I could no longer do it anymore. I began to panic when I was able to see from ahead that it was a dead end. There was a small intersection at the end of the road but I had no idea where to go.

I whimpered when I reached the intersection, turning around to see the road that I was just running from. I could see the lights from far ahead of their car, my blood rushes to my heart making it beat ten times more harder now that they were getting close. The adrenaline rushed to my blood, making me feel completely lightheaded,