Prologue

Prologue

Shawn Wilson paced President Frost's large office. As he glanced around, small banners from each District hung on the wall... One from each District, other then District Four. That one lay on the floor, tattered to pieces, and burn marks all along the edges of the fish swimming in the center.

Shawn stared at the banner for a moment, but then slowly sat down with the sound of clicking footsteps outside the door.

"Hello, Shawn..." Frost said coolly, and Shawn nodded in reply.

"Hello, Grandfather..." Shawn murmured softly, still confused what all of this was about.

For the past few months, Shawn and his grandfather, President Frost, had been discussing to take down Cyra Curence Rilya Merison. She was clearly a threat to the Capitol, and the rest of Panem. She was also Shawn Wilson's ex-best friend. Ever since Frost had explained that Cyra no longer cared for Shawn, it had pushed him over the edge. Sure, Shawn had always struggled with being over protective.... Having anger issues. But he had always been there for Cyra. In her darkest times.... and in her brightest ones.... And ever since that Gale fella–

Just the thought of Gale made Shawn's fists clench, and his blue eyes focus coldly on the ground. But Frost had offered, a proposal.... Literally.

It was just another day in the Capitol. Frost was finally going to explain to Shawn, in full detail the plan they had first talked about over the phone.

"Come, Shawn...." Frost said softly, and gestured to a chair in front of the large black marble desk.

Shawn nodded and sat down in the large grey leather chair.

"So..." Frost began. "You and Miss Merison, have always had... An intimate relationship?"

Shawn paused, considering the answer to the question. " I guess so...  Or at least I thought we did. Until that day she went into the arena, and met up with that Gale guy again..."

Shawn huffed. Recalling the day when Gale came to District Four years ago, meeting Cyra for the first time. Shawn stood by the window, and watched as he could feel the sparks fly between Gale and Cyra. As he watched, he could no longer bare Gale talking to her. So he had called Mrs. Crownwilks, to tell her that Cyra wasn't inside. Cyra wasn't one of the proudest children of District Four, so usually when events were held, she was kept inside.

Partially, it was Shawn's fault. Always when they were younger, Shawn had told everyone to stay away from Cyra. He wanted her, all to himself. No matter the cost. Why else would Cyra have no other friends? He made sure they stayed away, boys especially.

Shawn had played out a vision, that he had when he was seven years old, in his head over and over again. He and Cyra were older. They were being married on one of the most beautiful beaches in District Four. He was the Mayor, and his grandfather, his only living relative because his parents had died when he was six, President Frost was there as well. Smiling at the happy couple. He wasn't going to let that vision ever go.

"Shawn...." Frost suddenly snapped, bringing him back from his thoughts.

"Sorry...." Shawn replied, shaking his head. "Lost in thought."

Frost chuckled, and ran his fingers across his desk. "I can tell..." Frost paused for a moment. "How would you like to get that childhood vision, and rid of Gale, once and for all?"

Shawn's eyes left the floor and up to face Frost.

"What are you talking about?" Shawn asked quietly.

Frost smirked. "Like this...." He smiled and stood from the chair behind his desk. "You are going to be married to Miss Merison. She has no way of avoiding it. She must marry you or I will kill the one thing she has left.... Mr. Hawthorne."

Shawn paused and scratched the top of his head. " But what if she agrees to marry me, for Gale's safety, and he dosen't die....?"

Frost laughed, "That my dear boy is in the next part of my plan." Frost smirked and turned to walk to the other side of the desk.

"You, and Miss Merison are going to be placed in the arena..." Frost paused dramatically. " But there's been a rule change this year. Only two victors can be crowned, and only if they are from the same District. Mr. Hawthorne, has no chance, as I will be in charge of the Games this year."

Shawn smiled and stood from his chair. " I love it..."

Frost smiled in return. "Wonderful... Now, leave me to my thoughts, dear boy."

Shawn smiled and hurried out of the office, a new spring in his step.

Frost smiled, and sat back down in his chair. Glancing out at the Capitol he whispered softly,

"Watch out Miss Merison... Even Shawn dosen't know what's really coming....."

* Prologue written by GryffindorGirl