Chapter 1

Newston town was not a place that someone entered and left. It was a dark place hidden in the middle of nowhere in the unpopulated state of North Dakota. There the winters were terrible, and the living conditions even worse. Which meant that the human population was kept to a minimum. Although the same could not be said for the monsters that chose to reside there, and that thrived in the area.

"Maksim we have a problem," one of the lead enforcers in the pack announced as he stepped into the office of one of the most deadly men he had ever met, and would probably ever meet.

"What is it?" Maksim replied as he casually glanced out the large window from his office that had a view of the settlement that his father had built before him.

"A woman has been found," his lead enforcer and dear friend stated as he stood to his right waiting for his instructions.

"I don't deal with humans. Tell Kuzma to handle it," Maksim said as he turned to walk away annoyed that he had simply been disturbed to listen to news about the pesky humans that sometimes passed through.

"The woman is a lycan," his enforcer stated watching as the back of his leader tensed up, and his attention shifted back to him his eyes a dark shade, and his breathing heavy.

"Where is she?" Maksim asked.

"She's in one of the holding rooms," his enforcer said as he led him out of the door and through the dense forest.

Maksim could not understand what had gone wrong. He had been so careful all of these years. Nothing like this had ever happened. They had been a secret yet a lyan woman managed to find their territory. He was not one to hurt a woman, but he would not have a choice in the matter this time. Especially if it meant keeping his pack safe.

"Who was on shift when this happened?" Maksim asked keeping his voice steady.

"Leif."

"Where is he now?"

"He's keeping watch over the lycan. Just in case she tries to escape."

"Did he scent anyone else on her, or was she alone?"

"He said that the only scent he could pick up was hers."

"We can't be to sure about that. Tell Kuzma to gather up three men and to go have a look around the area that she was found."

"Yes sir," his enforcer said before he made a fast left leaving him to finish the walk to the holding grounds on his own.

Newston had been a safe haven for him and his pack for generations before any of these people even arrived here; trying to pick up the jobs that were now being handed out like candy on the oil rigs in the territory near by. He would be damned if he let his territory be invaded by pesky humans or lycans.

Not many people knew that they existed and he planned to keep it that way.

Once Maksim arrived to the holding grounds everyone bowed their heads to him and stood a little straighter as he walked passed them. His people respected him, and he wanted it to stay that way. Which meant that he had to deal with this situation in a timely manner.

Once he stepped into the area where Leif was mostly likely holding the lycan he let his nose do the rest of the job leading him to one of the last two doors in the mass of doors that occupied the hallway.

"Where is she?" Maksim stated as soon as he entered the room his eyes searching for the lycan that had destroyed his peace today.

However, Maksim was shocked to discover what he encountered instead.
.......

Jessie was a very strong woman something that she had to demonstrate constantly to keep up with the life that she lived. No lone wolf survived long out in the open with no pack, but she had managed to do just that. Even despite her gender which made the task even more difficult.

She had managed to get out of almost every single situation she had ever been in before. She had evaded large packs. Escaped one or two prisons, and even taken on an alpha male and survived. However, this situation seemed a hell of a lot harder to get out of. Especially because the scents that she was currently scenting were not familiar to her in any way.

As soon as her eyes had opened she caught the bright light hitting her from above and closed her eyes a bit, but adjusted after a second to catch a good look at the man that was standing right above her glaring down at her.

"Who are you?" he asked gruffly as he starred at her.

"Wh-" she attempted to speak but not much came out until she coughed for a while.

"I should be asking you that I'm not the one holding me hostage," she spoke as her eyes took in the room around her. There was only the cot that she was laying in, and a bucket in the corner which she figured was used for one purpose only.

"What are you doing here lycan," he asked as he took her in. His eyes roaming her body before taking a sniff of her aroma. His eyes getting a dark and dangerous glint to them.

She let her legs fall of the edge of the bed, and slowly rose giving him a perfectly good view of her naked body. Which was still covered in blood in some places from the wounds that had been inflicted on her earlier.

She rested her hands on her hips and starred him down refusing to look away. She didn't give a damn if he looked at her. To her his attraction to her would be an advantage.

She decided that she was going to use him to escape.

"I don't know what I'm doing here. Weren't you the one that brought me to this place?" she asked as she took a step towards him still maintaing eye contact with him.

She watched him hesitate before choosing to stay where he was. However she could tell that he was conflicted. The dark look in his eyes had not changed.

In fact it only seemed to be getting worse.

This did not frighten her though.

She would make it out alive she always did.

She continued to watch him until finally he took a step forward and grabbed her by the waist pulling her towards him. Just as the door slammed open and a man with black hair and dark grey eyes that stood about 6'5 towered in his gaze immediately going to her, and to the arms wrapped around her waist.

She blinked once or maybe even twice and in that time she was ripped out of the arms of the man that had been holding her. She watched as the man with the grey eyes grabbed him by the neck and slammed him against the wall.

He was going to kill him.

She stood there paralyzed and simply watched as he threw the man against the door by walking over to him and picking him up again. This time though he lifted him high in the air by the throat cutting off his oxygen supply.

Jessie seemed to snap out of whatever daze she was in and cautiously stepped towards them afraid that the monster would come after her if she approached to quickly.

"Let go of him. You're going to kill him," she said to him just as his eyes began to turn into an unnatural looking blue.

"Shit," she said as she stepped back and glanced at the door before running towards it at full speed only to be stopped by the guy with the glowing blue eyes.

These people were not human.

Not lycan.

Not vampire.

What were they?

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Author's Note: Hey guys its been a long time, but I just got inspiration for a new book and decided to post the first chapter for it. However just so you know this book is in no way connected to my other books.

A cover for this story is coming soon.