Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Loulisia Xenevie Di Leia leaped through the skyscrapers of the modern South Korea. From her peripheral vision, she caught sight of the rising buildings and the people scattered all around the streets. Her dress struggled to follow her pace, the white satin material bellowing furiously against the howling wind. Her mind was burdened with the identity of an incoming trouble, the trouble which she, as the aristocrat of peace needs to address.

Landing swiftly on the top of the white building, her eyes fixate upon the huge pile of human massacre in front of her. The scent of metallic liquid invaded her nostrils and she felt nauseas. She did her best to control the instinct refluxing of her stomach contents, forcefully gulping to push her chyme back down. When she took control of her spazzing nerves, her deep crimson eyes scanned through the masses of human body for a second time. Loulisia made way down the case scene, the clicking of her black heels resonated through the eerily silent open area.

Her figure went stiff when she came across a very familiar face. Her mind went blank as she slowly lower herself to squatting position. With one hand extended, her fingers slowly caressed the pale cheek of a friend she used to know, the tips of her finger stained by the dripping blood from the corps's skull. Amongst the crowded clique of the dead, her ragged breaths broke the silent atmosphere of the grave, a tear sliding down her pale cheeks followed by another.

She had to stop hurting them.

***

Tao spun circles in his newly purchased computer chair, his carton of milk opened right at the side of his desk. He had one leg folded over another, wearing a cheerful smile as he hummed a nonsense tune. All of a sudden, there's a sharp buzz from his phone and a notification popped up. His cheerful demeanour was gone when he looked up from his smartphone. His fearful eyes narrow in suspicion as he opened his laptop and begin typing furiously onto his keyboard. He grunted and threw his head back in annoyance, getting up quickly to notify Frankenstein.

"Boss, one of the sensors located at the perimeter of the school detected some disturbances." Tao started, his hands tapping rhythmically against the ceramic surface of the kitchen counter. Frankenstein in the middle of serving today's teatime menu to his master, consisting of the tea Prince of Wales along with treats from Japan, directed his attention to Tao when he noticed the urgency in the young lads voice.

"Did you managed to take a look at the surveillance camera?"

Tao furrowed his eyebrows in annoyance.

"Someone is working from the other side to deny my access. The cameras were hacked and I-well obviously me being Tao the great tech-"

"Tao, stay on the topic."

"Well-ehem-, I managed to get back in control however the cameras were cracked and destroyed. I managed to get the fortage prior to the damage, however they are heavily encrypted so it might take some time for me to get it down. I ought to inform you first though." Tao sheepishly spoke, rubbing the back of the head with a tight smile.

Frankenstein dismissed Tao to let him work on the encryption as he summoned both Takio and M-21. Both of the ex-agents were standing discreetly near the counter, aware of the situation as they were also in the room during Tao's intrusion.

"I want both of you to lay down during the scout. Do not engage in unnecessary battles and don't die." Frankenstein briefed, eyes narrowing. "Regis and Seira are in school now, but take them with you." Both of the modified humans nodded and took off, with Tao tagging closely behind.

Setting his teacup aside with a soft clink, Cadis Etrama Di Raizel sat elegantly against the sofa. His face remained expressionless, but there was a flash of uncertainty that didn't make past Frankenstein's eyes.

"Master, is anything troubling you?" Inquired the man in a worried tone.

Raizel seemed to ponder with his thoughts and a pregnant silence washed over room.

"I don't feel alright. My left chest has been throbbing ever since last evening." He said apathetically, his palms placed over where the heart should be.

Frankenstein's eyes widened in horror as he stepped closer to his master to check for anymore discomfort, his eyes shaking as he realised he didn't know how he could help. What is happening to his master? Is the consequences of using the noblesses's power finally taking effect?

"Do not fret Frankenstein, it's not the power. It is something different." Raizel closed his eyes and heaved a breath. He opened them again and this time, the usual apathetic eyes were gone and the ruby eyes were filled with so much emotions that Frankenstein felt pained with all the suffering his master was going through. There was nothing he could do to relieve the pain.

"Maybe this feeling was what Shinwoo meant by heart break, but I don't feel my heart breaking at all."

Frankenstein smiled at his master, whose figure held so much confusion and fascination.