~Part 13~

*~Gracelyn~*~Fourteen Weeks Pregnant~* 

I wish I had more friends. I've been at this school for almost an entire month and I have one friend  beside Mason and his friends. I don't really count them as my friends. They only hang out with me because I'm engaged to their best friend. 

I know they don't like me. I heard them talking. Jason thinks I'm using him, Tyler thinks I'm a whore, and Claire can't remember my name.  Okay well maybe Claire doesn't hate me, but she can't remember me long enough to form an opinion. 

But I met  this girl, her name is Alana, and she's pretty nice. We have some classes together and we got ice cream together during free period last week. 

Anyway, she invited me to a party tonight. And Mason is being a jackass about it.

"Yeah, you're not going." Mason states with a stoic expression. 

"Yes I am." I rebut as I put on some lipstick in the mirror.   "No you're not Grace. You're fucking pregnant you ca-" I cut him off, "That's right, I'm pregnant.  Not dying, I can go to a party if I want. You're not in charge of me." 

I turn back to the mirror where I'm applying my makeup for the  party that I am going to. 

"You don't know anyone that's going to be there, and you barely know Alana. She's not  a good person Grace." 

"Why? Because her dad isn't some Washington bigwig like yours? Or is it  because she's not one of  your friends? News Flash Mason, I don't give a shit. I'm going." I respond with a raised voice. 

Don't poke the pregnant bear Mason. 

"Sorry, do you have  a problem with my friends?" Mason asks, taken aback. I narrow my eyes, "No I love your friends! I actually can't decide who I like best; Jason, he thinks I'm using you for money or Tyler  who thinks I'm a whore." The sarcasm is real. 

He's wide eyed, "My friends would never say or think that about you Grace." 

"Oh really. I heard them talking yesterday by the lockers." I  state, walking over to the closet. 

"I'm sure they didn't mean that Grace. But you're not going to this party, I don't think it's a good idea. People will be drinking and smoking and I don't want you around that." Mason orders flatly. 

"I can decide who I want to be around. I can take care of myself Mason." 

"It's not just you you're taking care of now Grace! You're pregnant, with MY kids! If I don't feel comfortable with my pregnant fiance going to some wild house party then you shouldn't go! God Grace, can you grow up? The time for being a wild partying teen is over. You're not going, end of story." 

Whatever. 

"Fine I won't go. But you can kiss sex goodbye until further notice." I state before stomping into the bathroom and slamming the door. I hate this so fucking much! 

I can't even go to a party with my ONE friend. 

These kids better be real fucking cute. 

~*~ 

"So is there a reason you and my brother didn't say a word to each other at all during dinner last night?" Katelyn asks from the seat next to me in the theater. I really didn't want to hang out with Mason so he sent Katelyn to check on me. 

God he is so suffocating! I don't need to be babysat. 

"Because he's a jackass." I state, staring at my phone. I look over at her and she arches a brow and I sigh, "Because we had a fight." 

"About?"

"I have one friend at school. One. Uno. And she invited me to a party, the first time I've been invited to anything since you're brother  got me pregnant. And the jackass wouldn't let me go. And it's not like I can sneak out, you have security out the wazoo here." I explain to Katelyn. 

She sighs, "I think he had  a point." I'm going to murder someone.  "Hear me out," she pauses for a second before  continuing, "Look, I know that right now it feels like he's suffocating you or being super controlling. Which he can be. When my brother cares about something he tends to overdo it. But he means well. He just wants to make sure that you and the twins are safe, that's all. He wants you to be happy and he wants you to be safe- but sometimes you can't be happy and safe at the same time. He'll let up eventually, but for right now, maybe just go easy on him." 

I sigh. "Fine but I'm still not having sex with him." 

"Yeah, I didn't need to know that." 

"Sorry." 

Yeah  he's not getting it for awhile.

~*~

"So how're you feeling?" Vincent, my brother, asks. I shrug, "I'm okay. I've stopped throwing up constantly so that's nice, I guess."  Vincent chuckles and groans when he hears the children run into the room. 

"Dad! Dad! Dad! Dad!" Cain and Liam scream as they run around the table. 

Oh dear god. 

"What?" Vincent asks his children. 

"Where's mom?" Liam asks. 

I almost start laughing. 

"She's at Nana's. Why?"  

"We're hungry." 

"I can make you food."

"Not like mom can."

And then I do actually start laughing. But it's short lived because Vincent glares at me. 

"I can cook just as well as mom." Liam, Cain, and I shake  our heads.  "Sorry Vin, but Maggie can cook a lot better  than you." Vincent rolls his  eyes but gets up and walks towards the kitchen. 

I get up to follow but stop dead in my tracks as soon as  I stand up. 

My pants are wet. 

And no I didn't wee myself, it's blood. Shit shit shit. 

"Vincent!" I shout starting to freak out. My babies could be dying! They could be dead! Oh god did I do something to kill my children!? 

Vincent comes running back into the room, a scared expression on his face when he sees the red liquid  decorating my white skinny jeans. 

"Shit." He takes out his mobile and dials what I hope is 911. 

"Hi I need an ambulance at 4112 Grovewood Avenue. My pregnant sister just started bleeding." He stops and looks at me, "How far along are you?" 

"Fourteen weeks. Are my babies dying?" I ask while trying to stifle a sob. He motions for me to sit down before talking back in to his mobile, "She's fourteen weeks with twins."

He keeps talking to them but all I can focus on is the fact that I failed at keeping my children safe. Mason was right, I'm too immature. 

I killed my children, didn't I?