6. Into The New (1/2)

Bahja.

So here Chresanto and I are, at a table across from Alana and her...whatever he is. Boy, if looks could kill, she'd be 6 ft under right now. "So, Bahja, it's my understanding that you wanted to meet with us." Tremaine said. I snapped my neck his way. "I really wanted to see Alana, but you and my fiancé are just here to pull me off of her if she gets these hands."

Alana laughed and flipped her hair. "Girl, you could never. I used to whoop your ass all the time when we were fourteen." "We ain't fourteen no more, kid. What's good?" "Alright, now." Chresanto said. "Calm down. I'm gonna go to get us some menus. I'll be right back." He stood up and walked away. Tremaine's phone began to ring. "Yeah, I gotta take this call. Yall behave; seriously."

We sat there in silence. We didn't even look at each other. "So, Calvin came to my house yesterday." She said. I chuckled. "I'm aware. I sent him." Her eyes widened. "Why would you have him up at my house on some total bullshit, Bahja?? I had to kick him out!" I just laughed. She scrunched her face up. "This isn't fucking funny, Bahja. You don't know what I've been through these last 12 years." "Oh, I'm sorry. Tell me how you ran away from home and faked your death. Tell me how you had my mama stressed out, having insomnia for 5 years and having panic attacks whenever someone on the news died. Tell me how you had to struggle sooo hard while your family fell the fuck apart. Tell me how."

"I was raped by our mother's boyfriend and she didn't believe me, so I ran away and never looked back!! I got pregnant, bur you know what I did??" She leaned in and whispered. "I got a fucking coat hanger abortion for $10." She backed away and spoke in a normal voice. "And I never faked my death, so whatever it is you thought you saw or heard was fake in itself." I sat there shocked. She rested her chin in her hand.

"It's about time my Chressy Poo steps away from the old and into the new, don't you think?" She asked as she smirked. I wanted to slap her into next week. Who does she think she is, trying to tell me that my fiancée needs to move on? Not in this lifetime. Not ever.