18

A/n: this one is a long one enjoy your treat

Ian's POV:
"But dad I want to play with Anthony not do stupid training" I huffed. "You can after we finish your training for today ok" he said.

"Now we will be practicing conjuring your power" he said standing tall over me. "But dad I can already do it see" I said letting my hand set a light. He cupped it putting it out. "No Ian I mean other powers like your telepathy and shape shifting" he explained

"The shape shifting one was by accident, I was thinking about what it would be like to be 'goo' I think it's called, well that's what Anthony told me anyway" he explained. "ENOUGH, now you awill listen to be now" he raised his voice, I nodded.

Before I knew it he was chasing me through the surrounding forest with his weapon. I hid behind a tree, as he ran past, I went back the way I came, before I fell and tripped down a ditch. I could feel stones clawing at me a twigs. Luckily I landed in a pile of leaves. I could feel them stinging, I tried to move but I was stuck. "Brambles seriously" I exclaimed quietly.

I thought for a second, before an idea came to my head, he was talking about shape shifting. I hope I can do this. I consitrated on my leg before it slimy letting me get my leg out. "Yes" I fist pumped as I made it go back to normal.

'Wait I could hide from him and then jump him' I thought, and I morphed using smoke to turn into a bird and flu up into a tree. I saw him walk back, I flew onto his shoulder, before going onto his head he gabbed me tightly and held my up to his face. "Nice try for a surprise attack, change back we'll continue tomorrow" he said with disappointment in his eyes and with a sigh as he chucked me to the ground.

I changed back, I sighed as he walked
away, 'I always do what he says and he never proud or happy of me and that I need to try harder, when I'm trying my best' I thought. As we went back through the portal.

"Wash up and you can go play ok" he said walking off. I washed my hands and face. Before running out the house "BYE ILL BE BACK FOR DINNER" I called as I slamming the door and heading over to Anthony's house.

I went up to the door and knocked on it waiting for it to open, Anthony opened it, "hey Anthony you wanna go and play" I asked. "Yeah sure let me ask my my mum" he smiled running off into his house. Before shortly returning "ok let's go" he smiled closing to the door.

"Ok let's go and make a camp" I suggest "yeah sure I know the best place" he smiled "come on" he said leading the way. We made a camp and went into it, we used fallen twigs and sticks to make the walls and roof. "This was an awesome idea" Anthony smiled. I gave him a weak smiled "yeah it's awesome" I smiled.

"Are you ok you seem off" he asked. I sighed "if I tell you something, that you couldn't tell anyone else and I mean it you can't tell anyone, would you keep it a secret" I asked putting my knees to my chest. "Oh cause Ian your my best friend" he smiled.

"I'm not from here" I said "yeah I know that you came from a different part of California" he laughed. "No as in...in general, I mean as in I am from another world interlay" I explained which made him lose his smile. "What do you mean just tell me please" he asked scorching over to me.

"Why do you think that I'm fascinated by everything and have bad class work" I asked. "Because everything is fascinating, I sure as hell know it is, but I have trouble with it everyone does it's hard even with extra credit" he explained.

"No I, know that you are, but what I mean is that why do you think that I don't know half of what something is compared to you and I mean with my writing and reading" I asked. "I don't know most stuff I just know there name not there function, and I have bad handwriting and I can't read that well" he said.