Introduction

WWW.gatekeepersdaughter.com

Book 2 in the Gatekeeper's daughter series.  (book 1: The Gatekeeper's Daughter is posted here on wattpad and is now available in Kindle and Trade Paperback on Amazon)

Be sure to get the one by David (Dave) Randall

In Darkness Deep is the second book of nine in the Gatekeeper's Daughter Series.  The book follows the adventures of the heroine Audra Dohdgeir, daughter of a wealthy and inlfuential stone merchant in the vast walled city of Hilden Maar.  Hilden Maar is the only free city in the empire of Argoss, and in may ways its it crown jewel.  Somewhere beneath the city is the doorway to "the Gate".  An ancient and powerful relic of forgotten power and potentially dangerous purpose.

Audra is on her way to journey with several other semi-elven female adventurers to seek both the resurection of the son of the Emperor, and maybe some idea of whom it is the world is being threatened by.  Their jurney will hopefully lead them to the one place no elven woman would ever want to be; in the clutches of the darkness know as the Empire of Necrolim, and into the very throne room of the Necromancer, a twisted and ancient being whose only purpose is defying death by any means possible.  For the necromancer, eternal life has been made possible by draining the life of the elven women, and devouring their virtue as a means of prolonging his unnatural and despotic life.

Behind Audra is her beloved Hilden Maar, a city now under siege.  The enemy has begun the assualt and indeed the cities first of three concentric walls is now overrun.  The second wall is now under heavy assault by the enemy who has turned the engines of war on the outer wall inward.

The hideous and evil Helam and their insidious allies have breeched the city, and have lay siege to not just the second wall, but the Tiger's Eye, a fortification converted into a tavern, that guards the only entrance to the gate that the enemy knows about. As it turns out the taking o fthe Tiger's Eye Tavern, is and has been the goal of not just the siege on Hilden Maar, but of the entire plains war now being waged by the huge Helam army and all its evil allies. 

The leader of the enemy is a darkness given living form.  It was discovered that this living darkness is called Anphu Kek Chiquette (among many other names). 

It is known by only a precious few that his evil has spanned the ages and has now finally pressed an attack on the one power that can make all of the forces of goodness and light buckle before him. 

The Gate, a thing of barely imagined power and uncertain origins now is laid out just before him.  It has been laid at the feet of Anphu Kek Chiquette by the unprecidented success his mighty army of otherwise disorganized and undiscplined army. 

Now only the handful of heroes defending the Tiger's Eye stand between the "Dark One" and potentially unlimited power.

The Kingdom or Argoss is the last bastion of good in the world  that possess the strength of will and arms suffient enough to oppose The Dark One.  Anphu has correctly calculated that the one invincible power of Argoss is failing through division, and corruption. 

Treason from within the royal family of the Barius line of kings and from the evil influences of self serving forces within the counsel are staging a coup to dethrone the ailing King, who is now left without male heir of age, and who himself might be lost in the battle for Hilden Maar.

Far to the south and over the sea, the one hope for the Empire is that Audra, daughter of the Gate Keeper of Hilden Maar might lead a band of women, through lands that the bravest men dare not tread, to convince the despotic and self interested Necromancer to aid them in restoring Aramos, the King's second son back to health and full life, for the near death state he is currently in.   This despite the fact that the Necromancer cares only for the prolonging of his unnatural and unwholesome life, and despite the fact that he uses the life force of women like Audra as the fuel by which he continues to live.- in defiance of death itself.

No where in all the lands, does it seem that hope is kindled even so much as a candle's light against the far reaching and unstoppable darkness.