Chapter 1 "FYI"

(Chapter 1) "FYI"

I've been on my own for a while now. And as soon as I was "turned" I realized how many ridiculous theories there are about "my kind".

First of all: We don't freakin sparkle!

Second: We burn in the sun light but there are drugs to counter the effects they are expensive and vary on price cause of the quality plus you need to find a dealer.

Third: We can't fly, I found that out the hard way. Hard way meaning hitting my head while falling down the side of a building...

Now I will confirm a few things.

We do indeed have super strength and speed and it varies from person to person.

We are very hard to kill, but we can defiantly be killed, you just need to know what you're doing.

Some of us have "powers" but I don't think I have anything, so that's boring.

Now about the sunlight drugs.

There are a few different brands, The cheapest and most common is "Twilight minutes".

Each chewable pill lasts about five minutes and is five hundred dollars a pill, they are usually sold in 4 packs but can be found in single pill packets. Its expensive and it's a short time but with our speed five minutes could be all we need to get to somewhere safe.

The next brand is called "solid shade".

They cost two thousand and five hundred dollars per pill, they last thirty minuets. They are sold in six packs.

The next one is pretty expensive at ten thousand dollars per pill it's called "Chewable darkness".

They are sold in eight packs and gives a whole hour of uninterrupted safety per pill, These are used by the peace keepers and aid in the hunt of law breaking vampires.

And the final and most expensive brand is called "infinite darkness".

They give ten hours of resistance per pill and are only available to the vampire president and the extremely wealthy, and for good reason. They are one hundred thousand dollars per pill and come in ten packs.

All of these vampire drugs are completely legal, but only if used on vampires. They are highly toxic for humans.

That's all I know. There's probably a lot more but I'm still pretty new to this whole thing.

Now I guess I should talk about myself and tell you what is going on In my screwed up life.

I live in New York City, well I guess you could call it living.

I'm sixteen years old, my birthday is September twenty third.

My parents died in a car accident a couple months before my sixteenth birthday.

I refused to stay in an orphanage so I ran away and now I live on the street.

I'm friends with a (vampire) janitor named Gregg. He works at a hotel called "Exquisite Inn" that is frequented by other vampires, it's like the unofficial vampire hotel of New York.

Gregg lets me clean some of the rooms in exchange for a room of my own, its small and kind of smelly but its better than the streets... Actually it was a janitorial closet...

Anyway, Gregg was also teaching me the ways of the vampire, mostly the laws and rules.

Sometimes Gregg takes me hunting with him. And yes, we call it hunting. I know it's totally over used but what else would we call it? Shopping? Hahaha!

You probably expect me to have trouble taking someone else's life, like I'm conflicted about what I am, well I'm not. I've never really given a crap about other people cause they've had no problem feeling the same towards me.

Of course, it did freak me out the first couple months but then I realized it was me or them, so I got over it.

I never had any good friends at my school, so it was easy to let go and be by myself.

I don't know who turned me, I'm guessing I was just meant to be a quick snack and was expected to die, but Gregg found me and kept me alive long enough to finish turning.

Well I think that's enough information to start the actual story now.