Chapter 33 - Arrested

"Calm down, Jungkook."

Jin tapped his fingers against his chair as Jungkook paced back and forth, running his hands through his hair. Namjoon sat next to Jin, rubbing his neck. Hosoek and Jimin were there as well, sitting silent next to one another on the couch. Taehyung sat next to you.

"I just don't understand." Jungkook said. "For so long, him and Hoseok – Why would he—How could he –"

Unable to finished a sentence, he just grunted in frustration.

"I'm sorry," Hoseok cut in. "If I hadn't brought him in –"

"Why are you apologizing?" Jimin replied. "We've all been friends for years. How would you have known?"

Hoseok shook his head. "I should have known something. I could have protected [Y/N]."

"It's not your fault, Hoseok." you said. "Please don't beat yourself up about it."

He bit his lip, not answering.

"So what do we do now?" Jimin asked.

"Notify the police to have him arrested," Namjoon said.

"Or shoot him on sight." Jungkook suggested.

"We're not going to shoot him," Jin said. "But we will have to take some action."

"I don't expect you to go easy on me."

Everyone's heads turned to see Yoongi in the doorway. He let himself in, walking towards the middle of the room. Jungkook leapt over the couch and punched him in the jaw, sending him down to a knee. Namjoon and Hoseok jumped in and pulled Jungkook back. Taehyung and Jimin stepped in front of you.

Yoongi winced and held his face. "I deserved that."

"You deserve a lot more." Jungkook replied. "I'll give it to you. Just wait for it. How can you just walk back in here after what you've done!"

"Did you really do it?" Jimin asked.

Yoongi looked over at you. He nodded.

"Why?"

His eyes softened as he kept staring at you. "You know? I don't remember."

You looked away.

"No harm was supposed to come to her." Yoongi explained. "But since it has, I'll take responsibility for it. So, Jin? What's the verdict?"

Did he really feel so bad that he would turn himself in like this?

Jin put his finger on his lips, staring at Yoongi. He shut his eyes. After a long exhale, he waved his hands to his guards.

"I don't want to do this, Yoongi, but..." He waved to his guards. "Arrest him."

A couple of the guards rushed in and pulled Yoongi's arms behind his back.

"I have the names and locations of the three that attacked her." Yoongi said to Jin. "Find me when you want them."

He turned to you. "And if Jin doesn't find them, I swear to God that I'll track them down myself and make them pay for what they did. You have my word."

Even when they dragged him off, he was still wearing that carefree smile of his. That one you adored.

You wished you felt relief, but you didn't. You really liked Yoongi. You felt like yourself with him. From the beginning, he had been comforting you and encouraging you... and it was all a lie.

Every bone in your body wished it wasn't true.