Chapter Eleven (Part one)

Try listening:

» Love on Top by Beyonce

A/n: Another chapter in parts, but what can I do? I love you guys too much to make you go through what you went with chapter 9, lol.

Chapter Eleven:

"Saina," I blurted out. Six pairs of eyes turned to look at me. Their looks varied from shocked to unbelieving to suspicious to well, something else altogether. Yes, the last one was Manas.

"What?" Jai asked. Disbelief etched on his face. Kush looked at me incredulously.

"I said, I think it is Sa--" I began repeating, thinking he hadn't heard me.

He shushed me. "I know what you said. I heard it. I just don't think so."

Kush nodded. "We talked to her about it. Even had a fight. She promised not to do any such mischief ever again. Ever."

"Yes yes, but don't you see?" I asked, trying to validate my point. "There is no other option. Think of it. She already hates me enough. No motivation required there. She knows Naman enough to know why he went there. It all makes perfect sense!"

Naman cleared his throat, grabbing everyone's attention. "If that is what it is, then what grudge does Saina hold against me. Why me?"

"Oh, don't you know by now?" Lia mocked him. "Girls don't have a grudge against boys when they do things like these. They just need to hold one against the girl they're spreading the rumor about." She turned to look at me. "Isn't that what that girl from your previous school did?"

My eyes widened as I glared at Lia for having said that. Kush didn't know about any of it. I wanted it to stay that way.

"What girl did what and why am I only hearing about it now?" Manas asked. I looked at Lia with a 'what-now' look. She bit her lips in apology.

"You don't because you're a mean boy who always sits next to me when he returns with a bucket load of sweat on himself," I answered. It was all I could do to divert the topic.

"Riddhika," he warned me. "If you don't tell me now, then I will never talk to you again." That used to be my tactic! That bastard stole my tactic!

"Manas," I warned him instead. "I'll tell you only if you promise to always shower first and then return from your practice."

"Is that how you want to get your things done now?" he asked, squinting his eyes on the way. "By playing it dirty?"

"That's the condition as it is," I giggled. "The choice is yours."

"Fine," he agreed begrudgingly. "I promise, but it's your loss. You know I look sexy when I'm sweaty," he added with a wink.

"Ew, no!" I exclaimed. Isha, Lia and I shared a disgusted face while the guys merely grinned. "No one looks sexy when they're sweaty. That's just a notion Bollywood has built."

"All I'm telling you is you'll miss it," he responded half-singing and wiggling his eyebrows.

"Say whatever, but you aren't coming near me dressed like that anymore," I smirked.

"Yeah, yeah whatever," he rolled his eyes. "Now tell me what it was that I had to make a promise like this." He raised an eyebrow at me. I looked back at Lia. I had hoped this would divert his mind until I could think of something better. Apparently, I couldn't think. I looked at Lia for help, but she merely shrugged. What now?

I glanced at all the boys looking at me eagerly. "Why don't I tell you this later on? When we're free?"

Naman tutted. "And you made such a huge promise, Manas."