.:24:.:The End:.

It was times like these that I wished we owned a car so that, when I showed up at the prestigious front porch of Vic's house, I wouldn't be sweaty and breathing heavily like I'd ran a marathon. But I knew I had to sprint here because, if I walked, it would give me too much time to think and I may have turned around.

I had so much to say to him and had so many conflicting emotions running through me. On one hand, all I wanted was to stay at home and mourn my dad and be miserable; on the other hand, moping around would achieve nothing and, if I wanted to fix one of the best relationships in my life, then I had to act. Vic did not want to break up with me - he wanted to break up with how I was treating him recently.

I had been so stressed for the past few weeks. So much was going on: Mike broke one of my most prized possessions, my dad passed away, all he left me was a useless house, I still did not have a job, my grades were slipping when I needed a scholarship, my brother hated me. Everything was just falling apart around me and I did not realise it before, but now I certainly knew that one of the only things keeping me sane through these awful experiences were the memories I had built with Vic. I clung onto them desperately, as they were one of the only positive things in my life.

The amazing concert he took me to; those times we just messed around at home; or even doing something as simple as helping each other revise for tests. Those were some of the happiest moments of my life and they were all with Vic. I could not let them go.

His house, and especially the door, had never looked so intimidating before, but I quickly knocked on it before anxiety would get the best of me and I would turn away. I tapped my foot impatiently as I waited, thinking of all the possibilities of what could happen.

Finally, the door opened up and there stood Vic, looking like he was expecting me. He had this slightly defeated look in his eyes, but I could see them brighten when he realised how desperate I was and that I probably ran here as fast as I could. I wanted to hug him more than anything, but he was not my boyfriend anymore. He probably was not even my friend.

"Kellin," he said my name in an exasperated way.

I just jumped straight in to my unplanned speech. "Vic, I'm so sorry, so unbelievably sorry. I know that I've been treating you like trash recently and I finally understand that. There's just been so much going on and, when I'm stressed, I do really stupid and impulsive things. I was taking all of my negative feelings out on you and I know that I shouldn't have done it, but I didn't realise it at the time."

Vic just looked even more deflated and I had no idea what I was doing wrong. I just wanted us to be happy again together.

"You were right about everything and I'm sorry. I pushed you away when you tried to help me and it was so, so wrong. You had every right to hit Callum, and I was stupid for saying all those things about you the other day. I wish I could take it all back, but I can't. I said that this between us was just a meaningless one night stand - and it was... until I woke up next to you. Baby, you mean so much to me."

I was trying my hardest not to cry by then, but my speech was strained due to the huge lump in my throat. Desperation laced my voice like a vine. He had to believe me, he just had to. It would break my heart to have Vic leave me and I would be the one to blame for our baby only having one parent. I would not be able to live with myself.

I gazed at Vic through watery eyes, hoping and urging for him to give me a sign of what he was feeling. I wanted him to open his arms and let me fall into him and cry into his chest and apologise a thousand times more. I wanted him to take me back.

But, instead, a distasteful expressed dawned onto his face.

"How do I know you're being truthful?" He said bitterly, staring at the ground and not daring to make eye contact. "You've said those things to me before, but you still hurt me. I was trying to do what was best for you, I tried to help. How do I know that this won't happen again?"