.:5:.

Mondays were the worst. Although I got enough sleep, I was still groggy from working so late. My lessons sucked, and the people were awful.

Now that everyone was back I had to just sit and listen to them talking about all the cool things they did in Italy and how much fun they had. It made me sick to my stomach. I knew that I should not he upset because of others' happiness, but I couldn't help it.

I managed to avoid any unwanted encounters during period one, English, but what came right after was PE. I never enjoyed it very much. Don't get me wrong, I loved sport, but every time I stepped out there I felt like I was being judged by everyone.

I did not keep the fact that I'm trans a secret - just no one ever asked. But, when they did finally find out (undoubtedly through Mike and Vic) I could tell that everyone had a different attitude towards me. There were way more eyes on me during PE. Looks of understanding crossed people's faces when they would see me enter the lockable changing rooms instead of changing with the others. But today was different.

I made my way into the locker room but, for some reason, all of the lockable cubicles were taken. That was strange: I was always the only one who used them. I bit down nervously on my bottom lip. This better not be some stupid prank.

I just sighed and decided to get on with it. Desperately I tried to convince myself that I was just like all of the other boys and I could change with them, but that was just not the case.

Manoeuvring through the sea of shirtless bodies, I just could not find a place where I could hide myself from everyone. With a heavy heart, I found a random spot and started changing.

With my back to everyone, facing the wall, I took off my shirt, exposing my tape-wound back. My movements were speedy, wanting to get this done as quickly as possible. I could tell that the area around me had gotten quiet, but I did not dare turn around. Undoubtedly, everyone would be gawking at me.

I fumbled around with my PE shirt, cursing to myself when I dropped it.

"Cool bra!" I heard someone call out all of a sudden, but the voice was not one I was familiar with. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Thanks!" I yelled back over my shoulder. "I borrowed it from your dad."

I tried ignoring everyone from then on. Just as I was about to finally slip into my PE shirt, I looked down at myself and noticed something. It was extremely subtle and no one except me would be able to tell, but my stomach looked a tiny bit larger. Nobody would care because, if anything, it made my boney figure look healthier as my ribs were less prominent, but it made me feel like I was about to faint.

Through trying to keep my thoughts away from this problem, I completely forgot about the most important things that would give me away: symptoms. I would start properly showing soon. I would get morning sickness. There was no running from this now; reality was catching up to me.

Before I had any time to panic, I forced myself to carry on changing. I felt like crying, but I could not seem weak in front of everyone. I had to stay calm and act like nothing was going on, because I would give myself away and that was not an option.

I swallowed hard and, being as fast as I could, I removed my jeans, leaving me in just a shirt and stuffed pair of boxers. As I was about to reach for my shorts, I felt a presence behind me and a breath on my neck.

"Hey, Quinn."

Alarmed, I spun around and came face to face with Mike Fuentes who was standing way too close for my liking. Oh yeah, I had PE with him too.

"What do you want, dipshit?" I snapped, crossing my arms over my chest. I guess he hadn't had his daily dose of 'make Kellin's life a living hell'. I did not take shit from anyone though. I had learned that ignoring people and letting them treat me badly was not the way to deal with bullies.