Chapter 10: Sacrifice

don't own hetalia... Yeah, I ran out of witty things to say a while ago, didn't I ? XP

_______________________________________________________________________________

Hetalia, Found You!

Chapter 10: Sacrifice

Ilvero Amore's POV.

I hum the Canadian anthem as I step off the plane into the airport. Which way was Ottawa fro here? I take out my map, and look towards Canada. 

I walk as I hold it in front of me. Looking at the map, I scrunch my eyebrows. Where was it? I sigh, and try to think of where it was. Geography lessons never did stay with me. I scan over the map again, and notice it down in the south. I pull out my cell, and check were I am.

'Ottawa' Blinked brightly on the screen twice before it went dark again. I face palmed. How could I not know where my flight landed? Oh yeah, I'm a dumbass that's why!

I turn the page, and it is a town map of Ottawa. I look for the center, and pull it closer to my face, hoping that whoever was walking in the opposite direction would be looking where they were going. However, no such luck.

"Ooof" I huff quietly as I fall to the ground. I land harshly on my butt, and My legs sprawled out in front of me. 

I close my eyes and bite my tongue to stop myself from crying out. I'm sure I will have a bruise later.

"I-I-I-I'm s-sorry!"I stutter nervously, slowly looking up to the person whom I bumped into. "I wasn't l-l-looking where I was going! I was.... looking... for..... someone...."

I trailed off as Mattie walks around me. I get up, and turn with him as he walks past. I follow him with my eyes as he walks away.

"M-m-mattie...?" I ask quietly. I reach my hand out, but the fabric of his jacket just brushes out of my reach. He walks into the distance, and seemingly disappears. I let my arm fall back to my side.

I bend down and pick up the map off the floor, brushing some of the mud and dirt that had gotten stuck on the front. I shake and brush some of it away, but there was large marks o there from the puddle it landed in. I sigh, and place it in my backpack.

Beings as the flight to Switzerland doesn't leave until 6pm, I might as well explore.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I stare at the peaceful trickling river and smile; This place is so peaceful. 

I think back to when I saw Canada.

'He might have needed to be somewhere in a hurry,' I tell myself, tyring to believe it.

'But he wasn't in a hurry to leave the scene, he walked,' Something in my head said.

'Face it, he forgot about you.'

Just that thought was like a slap to the face. He... He forgot about me? Was I never his friend? Was I that forgettable?

Was I truly dead to him?

I feel a hand on my now invisible shoulder, and jump. Looking over my shoulder, I see Canada looking at me.

I look back to the river, and pull my knees to my chest. I lock them in place, using my arms as the chains, and lay my chin on my knees.

"May I ask what is the matter?" He asks gently. I tense.

"So you really did forget about me...?" I look to him for a second, but then look back to the river, blinking away the tears that burned at my eyes.