Thirteen.

Harry parks the car, all the way in the back of the lot. Turning the car off, he slides the keys into his pocket, unbuckling his seat belt. “Don’t get out.” He says as he opens his car door, stepping out of the car.

Watching him, my eyes following his every movement, and I sigh, unbuckling my seat belt. My hand grips the door handle. His eyes grow wide as he waves his hand in front of him, shaking his head vigorously.

Furrowing my eyebrows together, I let go of the door, placing my hand in my lap. He reaches my side of the car, opening the door, and holding his hand out for me. “How many cameras are surrounding us?”

He groans, tilting his head to the side and shifting his weight to his other leg. “There are no cameras that I can see. I can’t be a gentleman?” Narrowing my eyes, I take his hand, letting him help me out of the car.

Taking a deep breath, I stood next to him, pulling the jacket off my body. He looks at me, questioning what I’m doing with his eyes. “I thought that it would be colder out. I don’t need it.”

Harry nods as I place the jacket neatly on the passenger seat before closing the door. “Are you ready?” Concern was filling his voice, and for a second I thought that it was real.

I had to stop doing this to myself, creating the perfect, cliché storyline in my head for the two of us. Shrugging, I take a deep breath, running a hand through my hair. “Better now than later.”

His hand finds mine, holding it tightly, intertwining his fingers with mine. “Just ignore the questions they scream at out. If there’s one that I think should be answered, then I’ll answer it.”

Rolling my eyes, I nod. “I’ve encountered people with cameras showing questions at me. You never told me how you want me to act tonight in front of them.”

Harry glances at me, his eyes staring into mine. I never noticed how gorgeous his eyes were, almost an ocean green color. “How would you act?”

“I don’t know. It’s not something I can imagine, you know?” I let Harry lead the way, tugging at my hand to get me to continue walking towards the restaurant.

He shakes his head, biting his bottom lip. “Just do what feels natural, I guess. I really don’t know how to do this, to be honest.”

“Do what?” I ask, in a low voice, afraid that someone was going to jump out from behind a car.

Harry stops walking without me noticing, causing me to walk into his side. His arm slides around my waist, a laugh escaping his mouth. “I don’t really know how to be someone’s fake boyfriend.”

Nodding, I smile. “That makes two of us.” Harry bites his bottom lip, holding back a laugh, and drew his eyebrows together. “Come on, I didn’t mean it that way.” I shoves his chest with my free hand, gently.

He laughs, shaking his head. “I'm sorry, just the way that you said it was funny.” Shaking my head, I begin to walk towards the restaurant, pulling him with me. “Slow down, we have all the time in the world.”

I spin around, facing him. Out of the corner of my eye, I see four people emerge from behind the valet booth. “People are watching,” I whisper. My smile falls from my face, turning into a slight frown. I don’t know if I’m ready for this.

He sighs loudly, pulling me closer to him, wrapping his arms around my waist. “Keep your head down and pretend they’re not there.” His lips press down on my forehead for a moment before he lets go of me, holding my hand again.

A spark runs through my body, causing me to shiver. “Let’s go,” I whisper, so quietly I don’t know if he even hears me, walking towards the restaurant. I can feel his eyes on my back, trying to figure me out.

He isn’t going to. This is a fake relationship. It isn’t something that I did easily, open up that is. If it was a real relationship, I would spend an entire night with him, letting him sit next to me, his arms wrapped around my waist, wiping away the tears that fell down my face, telling him whatever he wanted to know about me.

I honestly need to stop doing this to myself. Harry catches up with me, sliding his left arm around my waist. Looking at me, he hesitantly goes for my left hand with his, and I nod, letting him reach across to hold onto my hand.

“Just look down.” Harry whispers into my ear, pulling me forward towards all the flashing lights, the crowd of people with their camera straps hanging around their necks.

Ducking down, the two of us push our way through the crowd, gripping tightly onto each other’s hands. “I’ve got you. Think about how you push your way through the crowds at concerts.” His voice is only heard by me, his lips pressed against my ear, and I fight the shiver that wants to course through my body.

Nodding, biting down on my lower lip, I inch my body closer to his. The lights are blinding, almost like when I was on stage, only this time, they were closer, more illuminated.

“Harry, is that her? Is that Braelyn?”

“Harry, why are you with Braelyn? What made you choose her over Taylor or Kendall?”

My back stiffens at that one. I haven’t been compared to a girl in a really long time. And if I have, I haven’t heard about it.

“What happened to all the other girls, Harry?”

“How long have you two been together?”

“Isn't she a little too emo for you, Harry?”

Harry snaps his head in the direction of the question. His eyes narrow, as he opens his mouth to answer. I place a hand on his chest, trying to get him to look at me. “It’s not worth it.”

His jaw tenses; god, his jawline is perfect. “I'm pretty sure that she doesn’t have slits on her wrist.” My eyes widen, not knowing if Harry is faking his anger or if his anger was real. It shouldn’t be real. I don’t mean anything to him. But it seems so real.

Stop, Braelyn. Enough. Stop thinking that this could be more.

The guy walks forward, a guy resting a camera on his shoulder behind him. “Really? Have you not seen her?”

I lower my head, my hair falling in front of my face. “Harry, can we please just go and eat?” Whispering, I tug on his hand. He has no right to assume such horrible things. All the things he’s assuming make me look like a bad, weak person.

“How could you not see her? She’s beautiful.”