Chapter Fourteen: Lilith O' Bannon

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

I was switched to Divination. I suppose it sort of worked out well, since Severus wanted Potions and Professor Ginoria was restrained after she broke into the Minister of Magic'a home and work him, telling him that the world was coming to ends and the Margles would soon turn clouds into acid, pouring down on us all unless she sacrificed the "Great Chareyer".

I hope the job won't do that to me. Nevertheless, I had always though Divination was a pretty interesting subject. So, I accepted it, and was now awaiting my first period class in the Divination tower.

But as I sat at my desk, about ten minutes before the class was a exiled to begin, a young girl with a 'V' shapes face, shoulder-length curly dark hair, and large, oval hazel eyes. She wore her school girl outwits with a long knitted Gryffindor scarf. Lilith O' Bannon. I was both curious and angered by her appearance. Without even realizing or even trying, she was taking away the love of my life.

The girl stopped in front of my desk, holding her books to her chest. Maybe she was here to find an assignment, or ask why I've switched so suddenly. She only stared at me silently for a second, before finally speaking. "Professor... I know." Was all she said. I gave her a confused look. "What do you mean, Lilith?"

I expected her to falter, maybe even back down and say "nothing, Professor". But she held her gaze steady and went on. "About you and the new Professor. Severus Snape." She told me, point-blank. I raised my Sherpas at her. "Do you, now? And what is it that you know?" I asked as kindly as I could, though it came out more bittersweet than anything.

She was a pretty girl, I had to admit. Her darkish brown hair was the color of a deep chocolate I this lighting, and her eyes were, though more of a brown color, had flecks of honey and green, giving her a somewhat innocent look. Her hair was wavey, though turned to curls as it went down, ones you could tell we're natural. Her akin was a smooth peachy ivory and her body had a thin shape to it. But I already had something against her, and her looks fooled me not. "When he talks to me... When he tucks the hair behind my ear... He calls me by your name. Claudinia. He says he loves my green eyes. My eyes are hazel. But yours are green."

I had to give it to her, she was observant too. But I picked up on a specific hint of bitterness as she spoke about the way he does things to her. And I was more than sensitive right now. Anything could set me off right now, and she was really pushing it. And she wasn't even trying. I took a deep calming breath, folding my hands before me. "I'm not the only Claudinia with green eyes, Miss O' Bannon." I laughed lightly, as if her assumptions were absurd.

And she pestered on with her calmly plastered face. "I know, but I've seen the way you look at him. As soon as he got here, you disappeared. And now he has your job and you have this one." She listed, going on as she ticked off her diners counting the reasons. I stood, shaking my head, and she stopped talking, looking up at me calmly. I knew she was a good kid, and I knew she probably wasn't meaning to hurt me or piss me off the way she was rigt now. I was so sensitive to anything concerning him lately, I would somehow Make myself think they were. Sing harsh to me. I had to calm down. "I'm dealing with a very tricky and complicated situation concerning him and I, Miss O' Bannon. I would prefer not to talk about it." I explained in a reasonable manner.

She nodded, beginning to look a bit awkward, and fidgeted, shifting her stance on her feet. "I don't mean to pry or anything... I was just curious. I suppose I just wanted to make sure it was really over between you two."

That struck me odd, and I did a double take. "Over...? Where did you get that from? And why would you want to know?" I felt my voice rising dangerously and cleared my throat. She shrugged, twiddling her thumbs. "I mean... Well, I enjoy his company. I like the way he runs his fingers through my hair..." She trailed off, seeming to be now lost in her crush. But I was enraged on the inside. How /dare/ she?! She had no right to be doing those things with him! It wasn't his fault he thought she was me back then! Or that he just couldn't remember! But it was her fault that she fell for him, even though she knew very well that it was me he was in love with, not him.

I felt the heat bubble up inside of me, and a craving that hasn't hit me in years washed over me. Blood. She had to pay. She had to /suffer/. Nadinia's voice rang in my head. "Sister... I won't let them hurt you." She lulled softly, but a dangerous tone lurked behind it. "She knows he loves you, yet she tortures you now. She doesn't deserve to live." Nadinia told me, and a part of me believed her fully. She dared totals him away from me...

I clutched my head in my hands, palms to the sides of my head, and my eyes squeezed shut. I had to resist her. I could t give in. It's still just a student... "Are you okay, Professor? You look a bit sick." Lilith said from in front of me. There was actually a ligitimatly concerned tone to her voice. I shook my head. "Go." I muttered shakily, my voice weak from the concentration I held to keep Nadinia from bursting out. Injad learned to control her, but it had been so long... She was more powerful than I was. I loved her, she was still my twin sister, but she was what made me vulnerable. I had to keep her locked up.

"In you, dear sister, I live! Let me repay your love and kindness! I must protect you!" She pleaded, her voice rising. She only wanted to help... But her helping meant she would hurt Lilith. Maybe even fatally. And as much as I personally would t mind that, she was a child. A student. She was overcome by the sudden attention of a grown man in her, even though it technically wasn't her. As much as it was her own fault, I couldn't let myself hurt her. I may even be able to talk some sense into her.

I shook my head. "No..." I whispered. Lilith leaned forward. "What was that, Professor?" She asked me. My eyes flew open. "Get away! I can't... Not for long! Hurry!"

Struck with fright, the seventh year went scrambling from the room. I fell backwards into my seat. "Please stop this, sister. I can't harm a student." I bartered, hoping that perhaps she would listen to me. But I got no reply. A few seconds later, I felt the sensation creep away and the normalcy return. I took a deep breath and released it. The class began to shuffle in. But I could barely teach; all I could think of was my love running his fingers through the curled brown hair of Lilith O' Bannon.