22 (Edited)

Third POV

"The only people who know about this is Kenma, her legal guardian, and I, so don't take this information for granted," Kuroo starts out sternly. They nod, anticipating what was going to come out of his mouth. Sugawara makes eye contact with Daichi and Asahi and they nod, preparing themselves.

"Well, the reason she flinches is because her parents gave her a reason to," he pauses and lets the information sink in. Their faces drop Chihiro scoots closer to Kuroo, anxious about letting them see all of her. The only sounds heard is the faint crickets and Kuroo's low voice.

"Her parents hurt her on a daily basis, never failed," The air seems to be sucked out of the room. They recalls when she lashed out on Hinata and Kageyama when they fought. Hinata's and Kageyama's eyebrows furrow in remorse. 

 "Of course no one would know just by looking at her because her parents are smart, successful business people actually so they knew how to hide it. It was always in spots that are hidden beneath her clothes," She grips her shoulder through her shirt, remembering that night. The select few from the team exchanges worried glaces to each other as they think back to when she would flinch at any contact. It hurt them knowing that she hid all of her past. 

Yachi thinks back to when she saw the scars on her arms and back solemnly. "And her reaction to Kageyama and Hinata fighting is because she had a little brother. And he had Down syndrome so he couldn't defend himself well, so she did. She took most of the beatings to protect her brother," Kuroo swallows hard. Most of the faces are droopy but Daichi and Asahi seethed with anger instead. Takeda-sensei notices the deep scowls of the two players as well as Coach Ukai himself.

"One day it got really bad," his voice falters briefly. He looks down at the ground. "Her father slashed a broken glass bottle into her shoulder, barely missing her head. She fainted after a blow to her head and by the time she woke up her brother is already bleeding out from a severe head injury. Only then did she get a hold of 119 and she was removed from her home. As for her brother, he died a few days later in the hospital. She transferred to Karasuno a few weeks later," Chihiro clutches onto the back of his jacket with her jaw locked shut. He looks down. The wounds still felt fresh to her. It's only been months since.  Sugawara realize what might've been the root of the panic attack she had in the hall during Golden Week, recalling her clutching her shoulder.

"You okay?" Kuroo whispers down to her. She nods curtly. "Are you okay with me telling them about the court day?" she thinks for a minute and nods again, "Just get it over with," He sits up straight again and continues her narrative up until this point.

"During Golden Week, she got a text that her parents set up a court date to fight for her custody back because as business people, having a child taken away from you is not good for reputation. And the dates happened to be on the day Inter-high started. Kenma and I had to testify as witnesses for her that day too. I won't go into the details but in the end, she got to stay here by what felt like the skin of her neck. And I know she's trying her hardest to keep all of this to herself so she doesn't burden anyone,"

Chihiro's head pops up in surprise and she tugs on his sleeve, "Don't say tha-," her jittery whisper is cut off. "I know she's been scared of people knowing her completely and I know she still has nightmares about her parents and I know she's in pain," Chihiro's head is down as she tugs on his sleeve. Kuroo's voice is tight, like he was about to cry.

"Kuroo," she mutters, trying not to let her voice crack as tear threaten to fall. "And I can't be there for her very much but you can," The inner corner of Kuroo's eyebrows lift and his jaw locks. "I want you to be there for her because I can't," Tears fall out of Chihiro's eyes.

Kuroo sits on his shins and bows, "So please take care of her for me," Chihiro hides her face as she hits Kuroo's back lightly. Her whole body shakes with overwhelming emotions. "Y-You didn't ha-have to do that dumb ass," her words stumble out, her voice muffled by her hand.

Yachi stumbles out of her sitting position and sling her arms around the girl. Chihiro's shoulder dampens with hot tears. "W-We'll be the-re for you!" she blubbers out. Kiyoko calmly strides to the two first years and encircles them in an embrace. A few tears spill as she looks at Kuroo. "We'll take good care of her,"

~~~

WELL THIS WAS AN EMOTIONAL ROLLER COASTER FOR ME. I know this is a short chapter but I just had to get it out there while my creative juices were flowing. Like, comment, and follow for more emotionally draining updates!

~UmbrellaChild