Chapter 31; Sleep

Ellianah's P.O.V

How was I supposed to react to that. Me, poisoned..Out of everything that could have happened, out of all that has happened. This is the cherry ontop. The rotten, sour cherry. When the healer first informed me I was in disbelief, I couldn't get sick. I couldn't, I mean, out of every single being in the nine realms, it happened to me.

I just nodded and she left. Odin and Frigg came in first, asking how I felt and if I needed anything, to which I replied fine and no. They gave me reassuring smiles and left. Still I didn't believe. Jane and Thor came in next, telling me I would be fine before leaving. Still, nothing. Finally, Sealiah came in, climbing into the bed with me.

"You're sick?", she questioned curiously. I shrugged, her wide eyes peering up to me. Those icy optics so similar to Snotra's. "I suppose so.", I replied, still in disbelief. "You hesitated. You don't believe?", she whispered. I furrowed my brow, "I'm just tired, Sealiah."

"I hope the medicine works.", she muttered, her tiny hands grasping mine as she leaned up to peck me on the cheek before sliding off of the bed and charging shyly out of the room. I opened my mouth to speak, but remained silent. Nausea began to build up within me, as reality set in. I was poisoned.

I was dying.

A hand slid up to cover my mouth as I scoffed sadly, my brow Furrowing as I bit back the tears. My knees slid up to my chest, as I fell over onto my side, laying within the emerald sheets in the fetal position. "The medicine will work, I'll be fine.", I muttered to myself, hugging my knees. Why me?

Why out of everyone I had to be born as Ellianah. I could have been born a blonde with a sour attitude, or maybe even a freaking tree, but no. I was born me. The realms were jam packed with people who would kill to have a greater purpose, and here I was. My purpose sucked.

The moon slipped into the room, the silver clouds hovering around it as they cast a grey hue upon the floor. My tears soon faded into quiet sobs, and soon into nothing. I stared out at the crashing waves that lapped against the shore below the castle. The Rainbow Bridge shone with a captivating glory that illuminated against the grey waters.

I could already feel the chills and sweat of a fever building within me. I kept silent, tensing slightly at the sound of the doors opening, and quietly shutting. I heard the familiar, heavy footsteps. I waited until they stopped, to turn and push myself into a sitting position.

He stood within the shadows, just out of the rays of the moon, watching me. His gaze was void of any emotions, any sign of knowledge of my state. But he knew. He had to of. Suddenly, the weak fear began to grow as my vision grew watery again. I covered my mouth, holding back the sobs as he slipped into the bed, pulling me close to her.

His long arms held me tightly as I sobbed into his chest. Sleep would be a struggle that night..

Only once the sun rose high enough to reach it's way to the bed, did my eyes force themselves open. A sweet sliver of bliss settled over me, only to be ripped away as last night's scene replayed in my mind. I slowly peered over my shoulder. Loki was gone, a small slice of paper left in his place.

I sat up, grabbing the paper.

"Ellianah,

I have errands to run. Do get rest, I didn't wake you for a purpose. You shall need the sleep. I'll be around later to check upon you. We will speak then.

-Loki"

I tossed the note aside. Rest wasn't what I needed. I needed to get better. I slid off of the bed and shuffled to the bathroom. Poisoned my ass, I thought. I looked perfectly healthy. Perhaps the medicine worked. I poked at the mark upon my neck, it's pain nonexistent. Slowly, I undressed and slipped into the shower, the hot water running over me.