Chapter 32

You're all perfect, mwah xoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxo

32

The dry cleaners bag hung on my door, something I don’t recognize being there, contained three things; a black blazer with red piping and school crest on the right pocket, a black pleated skirt and a white shirt .pair of black knee socks are folded in the bottom. Hmm, not bad.

The clothes fit perfectly, only the fact they’re school uniform makes me gag.

As I put on the crisp white shirt, manoeuvring my arms into the sleeves, a sharp burning sensation between my shoulder blades blinds me for a seconds, trying to stay upright, I jerk the shirt away from me , the two shoulder blades  touching the middle of my back as I bent into the shirt seem to cause the pain, I grit my teeth and try again, only to stumble forward onto my knees.

For one tiny second I just give up, what is wrong with me? Why does it hurt so much? Where I was bitten, it should be healed and painless, good as new and creamy white skin should be flawless.

I cry, I just cry, what am I doing? The door opens behind me leaves me kneeling on the floor sobbing into my hands over the pain in my back, in my bra and pink pyjama shorts , what else can I do?

“There there love, drink this, it will help with the pain” the familiar velvety smooth British accent, I expect a drink, whisky has become a favourite of mine, the bitter burning makes me feel a little more human.

But no, it’s a wrist. A smooth pale wrist. I raise my head to look at him, what the? He raises his eyebrows, gesturing at the wrist. I bite down hard.

Vampire blood is not like human blood, it doesn’t smell enticing, but there’s something about this that makes me forget that I was ever in pain.

………………………………………………………..Damon……………………………………………..

8:33 AM.

8:34 AM

8:35 AM

Counting the minutes through the night was something that I had been doing since the night of the Masquerade ball, when we found Elena with Travis and Rose a few days later, both Stefan and I had been hoping Ashlin was with her, Katherine’s evil spell had affected Ashlin as well as Elena , I knew she’d be fine, vampires were made of stronger stuff, but when we asked Elena about Ashlin, she was as broken as I was. Everyone panicked, and then her Aunt called the police. I counted the minutes it took for Rose to die from a werewolf bite; counted the minutes it took for me to drink a whole bottle of whisky.

Sue was easy to manipulate, but even then she took some convincing. Rose, the werewolves, it was all too much. Every situation that I’d found myself in, I could practically hear a snide comment, something that Ash would say, in my head. Every press conference, appeal for information. The News showed pretty photos’ of her, most believed she was dead, but Elena, Stefan, Bonnie, Matt and Caroline, even the mutt Tyler Lockwood, believed she was alive, they even joked that it would take a lot more than a simple murderer to kill Ashlin Fell, for Christ’s sake, I texted her every single day, I stopped leaving messages after between us and everyone else in Mystic Falls filled up her voicemail.

I reached over and grabbed the remote and flicked on the TV that hung on the wall.  The news was on, and the overly perky newscaster, Andy something or other, was yet again parroting on about Ashlin Fell, Mystic Falls’ troubled teen, my phone vibrated, a text from Stefan

Are you watching the news?

Of course brother  I replied. The same story, new words. This seemed to be some kind of special report.