Distracted

Arielle

I sat on the couch with Wendy on live television. It's been a minute since I'd done an interview on tv.

"Wow, can we start off by saying how gorgeous you are?" People cheered and I forced a smile on my face

"Gorgeous? I'm breakin' out right thea' " I joked pointing to the pimple right near my cheekbone.

"Oh stop it, you want us to call make up so that they could hide it during break"

I laughed

"No it's all good. They was gonna put make up on my face earlier but I just wasn't feelin' it today" I smiled people cheered but Wendy cut them off

"So let's dive right into it, you, knocked Kiara right out the other day. What was that about cause people who were there are saying many things"

I nodded

"Like Khaled he's saying that she made a comment about your father and uncle. For those who don't know her uncle Melvin passed away before you were born right?"

"No he passed when I was just a baby"

"Yes so is DJ Khaled telling the truth, what went down?" She asked holding her cup of tea

"Well the girl apparently had a lot to say that night. I was fresh outta jail--"

"Like real fresh guys. She went to the show 4 hours after being released"

I nodded, "long story short she said my father was the reason why my uncle passed"

People gasped, Wendy too, "right there she would have been finished. How come Kaykay didn't do anythin' ?" She asked sipping tea

"Kaykay was still at her seat. And people especially my people were all gathered up recording everything so she couldn't hear or see much."

"Guys she knocked Kiara out. It wasn't even a punch. It was a punch. "

People clapped

"That's when you know that New Orleans child came out quickly"

She looked at my arms.

"Her arms are scrawny. Your father and you look exactly alike but Arielle who weighs more"

"Ooouuuuu" people said

I was laid on the couch as she sipped her tea.

"I mean c'mon Ms. Wendy" I said

"I get star strucked when she says Ms. Wendy still"

Some people laughed clapping

"But really I'm just askin' who weighs more? Cause your father is skinny"

I nodded, "Yeah he is skinny but let's get a clue. If he taller then me then he'll have a bigger body weight then I--"

"But--"

"Bigger body weight then I do. All that weight is stretched out"

She nodded

"Don't get offended. Some people take it as a compliment" her audience clapped

"A compliment is asking me who's skinnier me or my dad? You knew what you were doin stop playing" I said

I heard the audience clap and she sat there looking at them.

Next interview

"We're back here with Arielle Alsina, Arielle how old are you?"

"I am seventeen"