Chapter 46: A Heart-To-Heart Talk

A Love Worth Waiting For: Chapter 46- A Heart-to-Heart Talk

***

"Thanks for the ride."

We both headed out and entered the café. The familiar scent of coffee lingering in the air. A familiar face heading to us.

"Chloe! Kira! What a surprise! How was school?" John asked full of excitement giving us both hugs.

"Everything's fine, John." I flashed him a smile.

"So what'll you two be having?" John asked taking out a pad and a pen.

"We'll just have hot choco, please." Kira responded as she closed the menu.

"Coming right up ladies." He took the order down and headed to the register.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" I asked, directing my gaze upon Kira.

"Have you ever gotten the feeling that your always the second choice?" Kira asked looking at me with teary eyes.

The flashback of the bathroom incident played in my head.

"W-what made you ask such a question?" I asked swallowing the huge lump in throat.

"It's just... a question." She looked down at her lap.

"Truth is, yes. I have felt that way. How about you?"

"It hurts." The tears from her eyes started flowing on her cheeks. I got up from my seat and gave her a hug.

"No hard feelings Chloe but..." she cut her sentence off by sniffling.

"You're the one that made me feel like a second choice." She sniffles and wiped her tears.

I was speechless....

"The day Nathan asked me out to prom. I was really excited. My heart skipped a beat. I couldn't sleep that night on how excited I am. I liked him... but I knew he didn't like me back considering he likes you. I tried so hard for him to notice me but he only sees me as a friend. I understand that."

"However when he asked me out. I thought I had a chance. A chance to be something more with him. But I just felt like a second choice." She explained while more tears fell from her eyes.

She took the words out of my mouth. Kyle only sees me as a friend and nothing more. He likes Claire. But I can't help the way I feel. I made her feel like what I felt. She had the same feeling but with no one to comfort her like Nathan.

Tears started flowing from my eyes as I covered my mouth separating from Kira.

"Kira... I'm so so sorry. For making you feel that way. If you hate me, I understand. I don't want anyone else to feel on what I'm going through. I'm sorry for making you feel that way." I apologized non stop as tears continued to flow from my eyes.

She took both of my hands and interlocked it hers. She flashed a smile even though I know how much broken she is in the inside.

"Chloe, I don't hate you. I'm just sick of feeling like I'm the second choice." She managed to say out.

"Who made you feel like that anyway?" She asked looking at me.

"Claire. I liked Kyle ever since we were kids. I thought I had something special with him. Turns out, he just thrown that friendship away like trash. He likes somebody else, even from the start. I'm no match for her. Then I met, Kyle's best friend. He helped me get over him. He helped me back up."

"And I want to be that friend. To you."

"Really?"

"Really. We only fall so we could stand up once again. But we're more stronger than what we were before." I stood up and headed back to my seat grabbing a couple of napkins giving it Kira.