7. Underground Tunnels

“So he was like the devil?” Jack asked as he sat back. They were all in the Tardis. Owen was putting Janet in a secure cell. Sherlock was thinking. Castiel was just doing whatever he does. Dean was in the bedroom, resting to heal his eyes more, Sam was in the library room. The Doctor looked at Jack.

“That’s what the Winchesters told me, he acts as the Devil since Lucifer is trapped in what Hell calls the Cage.” The Doctor answered. “I can’t really understand it. I didn’t even think demons existed!”

“But your stone angels?” Castiel said from where he stood.

“Those are aliens though!” The Doctor pointed out. Jack groaned.

“You had Weeping Angels after you? They’ll probably show up here too! The Master might have the reigns on them.” Jack said, he rubbed his face. “Now maybe even Moriarty will have some sort of henchmen.”

“He won’t.” Sherlock said from across the console room. “Crowley’s and the Master’s men are his men too.” Sherlock told them. Jack sighed and watched the Doctor start working on the Tardis. “Would they hurt John?” Sherlock asked.

“Yes.” Castiel answered. “Knowing Crowley, he likes to torture as much as Alistair used to.” Castiel said, thinking about the dead demon that Dean had tortured years ago. Sherlock frowned and stared at the ceiling of the Tardis.

“If Crowley kills him, his blood is on my hands.” Sherlock said. Jack sat up and stared at him.

“No one is dying. I’m sick of people dying when I can save them.” Jack said. The Doctor glanced over and nodded. Sam came into the console room and looked at them.

“Got good news for us?” The Doctor asked looking at the hunter.

“I was looking up maps from all dates in time for this place. On an old one…there is a route of closed tunnels. The main part of the tunnels are below the plant.” Sam said, he held up a sketched copy of the tunnel system.

“That’s brilliant!” The Doctor exclaimed.

“We can open up an entrance, the closest entrance is half a mile away.” Sam said. “We won’t even need to move the Tardis.”

“An even better plan.” Jack said. The Doctor looked at the console and pat it.

“Don’t worry girl, next time you’ll come.” The Doctor said, Jack rolled his eyes and got comfortable.

“We’ll wait until tonight, yea?” Jack suggested. The Doctor nodded.

“Cas and I will go out and start figuring out how to open the entrance.” Sam said.

“Take Owen and Janet.” Jack said. Sam nodded and Owen came into the room, Janet not behind.

“Janet is a no go. But we’ll manage.” Owen said, he was wiping blood on his jeans. “A hound or two got to her.” He told them. Sam nodded Castiel went to his side.

“Are we good to go?” Castiel asked. Sam nodded and Owen got a gun out. Sam handed him a few special clips and nodded.

“Let’s go!” Sam said, he turned toward the doors of the Tardis.

*****************************************************************************

Sam was leading the way, a torch cutting through the darkness, Castiel took up the back, an angel blade in hand. Owen was beside Sam, following his every step. “How do you guys know the Doctor?” Owen asked as he checked down an alleyway.

“Kin dof just ran into him.” Sam answered. “It was probably planned, especially since our enemies are all buddy-buddy now.”

“Jack had a point. The Master might be in control of the Weeping Angels.” Owen said.

“That’s fine by me, as long as they don’t take anyone else. They’ve already got one hostage.” Sam said.

“Careful of your words, Sam. We’re being watched.” Castiel said in a hollow voice. “Can’t let them get ideas now that there’s more of us.” Castiel said.

“Get rid of the guys watching us, Cas. We’re getting close to entrance.” Sam said. Owen glanced back just in time to see Castiel vanish with a sudden flutter of wings.

“So he’s really an angel, yea?” Owen asked, he chuckled nervously. There was a distant scream.

“Yes, he is.” Sam answered. “Entrance is right up here.” He said, pointing.

“Never thought I’d trust an angel.” Owen said, following Sam’s quickening pace.

“Neither did we.” Sam said, just then, Castiel appeared again.