Chapter 4 - Another One

The next morning, John and Mary came round. Mary had brought red velvet cake, something she thought she could at least force Sherlock to eat.

            Upon their arrival, Sherlock was bored out of his mind. John asked if he wanted to play Cluedo, a game he despised, but would play if his best friend wanted to. Sherlock agreed, and he, John, and Mary sat round the dining table playing Cluedo. Mary won, and that aggravated and amazed Sherlock.

            They were setting up the board again when Mrs Hudson came through the door with her signature “Ooh-hoo”.

            “What do you want, Mrs Hudson?” Sherlock asked.

            “You didn’t answer your doorbell.” She said.  

            “I shot it.” Sherlock admitted.

            John sighed. “Again?”

            Sherlock shrugged.

            They heard footsteps on the stairs and within seconds, Greg Lestrade had walked into the flat. “Sherlock.”

            “Yes, Geoffrey?”

            “Greg.” Mary corrected.

            “That one wasn’t even close, Sherlock.” John said.

            “Oh, what do names matter?” Sherlock asked, rolling his eyes. “What do you want Lestrade? I assume it is of importance. Otherwise, if you’ve brought your sympathy then you should go ahead and leave. Your sympathy, nor anyone else’s, is welcome.”

            “There’s been another one.” Lestrade said.

            “Is it the same?” Sherlock asked.

            “No,” Lestrade answered. “No. There are signs of struggle, although very little. We also can’t find a letter, although if there is one, you can probably find it.”

            “Is it someone we know?” John asked.

            “No,” Lestrade said. “Well, no one that I know anyways.”

            “Go ahead, we’ll follow behind shortly.” Sherlock said.

            Lestrade turned and headed out the door.

            Sherlock stood up, and went to grab his coat, which was lain across the back of the sofa. “Come on John.”

            “Coming.” John said. Sherlock was already out the door.

            Mary stood up.

            “You aren’t coming, Mary.” John said.

            “Why not?” She asked.

            “Because you’re pregnant,” John said. “Plus, investigators are only used to Sherlock and I showing up. They wouldn’t let you in anyway.”

            “Well, what am I supposed to do here?”

            “Read a book or something. We’ll be back soon.” John gave Mary a short kiss on the lips and then headed out the door.

   I'm sorry this chapter is so short! I wanted to give you all an update before I go on holiday tomorrow, so I thought that a short chapter is better than no chapter. xxx

     –OH