Chapter 1: Their First Encounter

All Rights Reserved to GiamoniCooper

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ONE

I was so nervous and had no idea why. Having been through almost twenty interviews for this job, I didn't think I’d get it until I received an impromptu call from the company’s CEO, Mr. Zane. His tired voice informing me that I had the job and to be at work at 9, not a minute late, had been ambrosia.

I'd immediately phoned everyone I could. I just couldn't believe that I'd been chosen over everyone who'd been there at the first interview.

When I woke up this morning, I’d had everything already planned out. From what I was going to wear to what I was going to eat, I had a perfect schedule and I was determined to follow it and as he said, be on time!

After putting on my black pencil skirt and pink ruffle top, I threw on my pink and black checkerboard heels. Wearing light makeup, I placed my hair in a soft, sophisticated hump and big curls. I thank God, as I did everyday, that I’d gotten my dominant genes from my mother’s side of the family.

Strolling down the sidewalk, everything had gone smoothly and I was right on schedule until I saw my ex Jay from across the way. I hate that bum and instantly wondered why I was ever with him. I suppose it could have been because his eyes were this beautiful blue that made me think of white sand beaches and clear water or it could have been because he ate me well. That was it! The man could work miracles with his tongue!

Deciding so long as he didn't say anything to me, everything would go just as planned, I continued on. Of course, my good plans just weren't in the cards for me today.

"Hey sexy," Jay greeted as he caught up to me.

"Hey Jay," I greet in the coldest of ways. It was bad enough that I had to breathe the same air as this imbecile, let alone talk to him.

"Now, why do you sound like that baby girl? Don’t you miss me?"

I really hate this man, "Why would I miss someone who slept with my so called best friend?" just the thought angers me.

"I keep telling you that it was a mistake," he growls.

"And I keep telling you that I don't care. Besides, how can something be a mistake when it’s done more than 3 times?"

"I told you I was drunk."

"And again that's not my fault. If you wanted to be with me, you shouldn't have cheated,” he walked up to me and grabbed my arms, "If you don't get the fuck off me! Have you lost your Goddamned mind?!"

"Baby don't be like that. You know you miss me and how my dick had you screaming."

"First off, you have a little dick. Second, couldn’t you tell that I was faking it?"

"Now, now, sweetheart. Don't say things you don't mean," his voice had taken on a leering tone.