Daughter of Minerva

Annabeth's POV

I run as fast as I can. Away from the monsters, away from everything. I scan my surroundings and see that an ocean is to my left. my head hurts like it always does when I feel that a memory is missing from my head. Then the name comes into my head. Percy.  I almost see a picture of hm in my head, of the only name I remeber. Percy Jackson. I have no idea who he is. I really want to. I just haven't had time to think about it lately. my time has been spent running away from monsters who claim I killed ther sister, Medusa. (yed I know she didn't kill her but I can't think of a monster Annabeth has killed so gear with me. This is an AU after all.) I'm pretty sure I didn't kill a snake haired monster but stranger things have happened. Like when I try to kill these Gorgons that are chasing me they don't stay dead. Why won't they stay dead? I sigh and turn around to see the three monsters. "ladies do we really have to do this again? we both know the outcome. you'll stuipidlly try and kill me  and i'll end up killing you  whith tree swipes of this baby." I hold up my dagger.

The Gogon's flinch at it but don't surrender. "How about noo." one of them hiss.

"Your choice!" I say. I leap forward and attack slicing them aprart. they crumple into gold dust but immediantly start to reform. I scatter the remains with my foot and run as fast as I can away from them. I'm not looking where I'm going, I trip and tumble down a huge hill, over fallen branches and leaves. Gods it hurts.

I hear hissing at the top of the hill. Some how I know they won't come down the hill to get me. I sigh and stand up. I have some leaves in my hair and my knee is scraped but my backpack  is intact good.

I look at my surroundings. I see the ocean. The thought of it makes me smile, amost like a ditant memory tugging inthe back of my head stuck in a locked box but I don't have the key.

"Will you please help me child?" An old lady asks scaring me.

"excuse me?"

"I was wondering if you could help me across the road. if you do thn you will get your memories back." She smiles a toothlesss smile. "Then again you could go live with owls, your moher would protect you there. Only you will never get your memories back."

"How do you now i have amnesia?" I ask fingering my dagger. Please don't be a monster I think.

"I have my ways. So owls or memory?" She asks.

"What's your name?" I ask avoiding the question so I can buy time thinking over it.

"Call me June! just like the month they named after me!" She says cackling.

"Okay June, where do I go to get my memory back?" I ask hoping this lady isn't to crazy.

"Across the road and under the bridge!" She says smirking,

"fine." I pick up the old hag who's hevier than she looks and start runnng across the road just as I hear the monsters coming back down the hill.

It seems to miles I run with June. She's getting hevier with every step. "are we almost there?" I ask between breaths.

no answer.

I sigh and keep running. i finally end up at a huge river. Oh great now i'm going to get wet. Ithink. i run across the river with an old lady who feels like she weighs 10 tons. Then I reach the gate. to people are standing out front wearing calvery helmets.

The kid on the right takes out his bow and arrow, I notice that the gorgons have decided to come down the hill. he shoots one of them and says to his partner "Take them inside! I got the snakes!"

his partner dosn't move "Let me help Frank!" she yells.

Frank shakes his head "Hazel take them inside, they look exhausted." Hazel sighs and opensthe gate so we can get through. The minute I see the city I almost drop June.

The place has amazing architecture. "where are we?" I ask no one inpericulare.

"New Rome." June says "You can put me down now." I drop the old lady awestrucken by everything. "You could of had a little more respect to a goddess." she mumbles.

"What?" i ask.

The lady shines and I instinctivley close my eyess. When I open them standing before me is hera, but she doesn't look like Hera. I have no idea how I know that....

"Annabeth. Thank you for helping me." By this time people have gathered round to see what the blinding light was. "Romans! i bring you the ddughter of Minerva!"

The Romans are going carzy. suddenly a teenager with blonde hair steps forward. he's wearing a purple cape. He look s important.

"Queen Juno, with all due respect, how is that possible? minerva is a maiden. Maiden's don't have kids." he said

"Praetor Grace, I understand your concerns but you will take her in and treat her like family. Also she is your key to finding your beloved Reyna.  Now I will go." Hera starts to shine.

"Close your eyes!" I yell for some reason.

When the flash is gone Preator Grace walks ver to me. "You don't have a rank yet Minerva's daughter. so you don't give orders. i do got it?2 he asks sternly.

"Yes sir." I say

"What's your name?" he asks.

"Annabeth Chase daughter of Athena." i say instintivally.

"Did you say Athena?" he asks stunned