Chapter 1

Hey everyone! This is my new story and I really really wanna finish this one lol so we'll see how it goes! This is super cliche and silly but it's fun to write! Sorry if I'm super opinionated on some stuff and offend you in any way. 

************

The only things I'll admit to about September 8th is that I stole the mayor's car, crashed into the Riverside bridge, threw up over said bridge, and ate an entire can of cat food. But I will never admit to falling just a bit in love with Nathan Rooks.

But that was two summers, 200 hours of community service, and three hair colors ago. I was young, foolish, and wore about six layers too many of eyeliner. I now have a driver's license, no longer drink past my limits, and stick with just human food. But the most important change is the fact that Nathan Rooks is long gone.

It's the first day of senior year and I could not be more ready for it to be the last day of senior year. My best friends, Mason and Lily, actually liked high school and were excited to be back. I assume this is only because they are peaking in high school.

"Wanna skip first and get coffee? I was out with Marcus all night last night." Lily asked. Now, you may have thought that my comment on my friends peaking in high school was an insult but it really wasn't - it was just the truth and this is the perfect example of why. Marcus, Lily's boyfriend, was a DJ and loved to go to raves, which people will only think is cool in high school but Marcus will undoubtedly go to raves until he's in his late 20's and perving on freshly turned 18 year olds. I can just tell with him that this will be the case as that is always the case with white boys that have large tribal tattoos on their bodies. I once asked him which tribe his family was a part of and his reply was, "well, I'll be a part of Kappa Sigma once I go to Arizona State". Even though Lily's taste in men has something left to be desired, she herself is wonderful.

"Definitely." I grinned. It was tradition that we skipped our first period class every first day for coffee.

We head back to my car because there was no way in hell Lily was giving up her parking spot in the small parking lot of our school and I was parked far enough away that it didn't really matter.

When we finally arrived at the Peet's we found that the couch was empty and raced to lay our backpacks on it to secure our spot while we stood in line to order. I got my usual iced coffee and Lily ordered her soy latte. By the time we were finally sat and comfortable - myself sitting criss-cross and Lily with her legs rested on the armrest - Lily was apparently ready to give me all the juicy gossip.

"So you'll never guess what I found out last night at Deco." Lily gushed as she opened her coffee in order to let it cool.

"That STDs are transmittable by air? Seriously Lily, why do you let Marcus drag you to those places? Deco is disgusting." I shake my head at her. Lily is way too classy to be parading around clubs like that.

Lily rolled her eyes. "Deco is trashy but they let Marcus DJ there and it makes him happy. I know he seems like a douche but I swear if you knew him you would actually really like him."

I let out a noncommittal grunt. I didn't want to get to know the guy.

"Besides, don't distract me! I found out something that's probably going to make your day!" Lily almost squealed.

"Well, what is it?"

"Guess who's back in town?"

"Who?"

"I said 'guess', loser."

"God? Is he back? Has he finally come to smite me?"

"No, it's Nathan! Nathan Rooks is back!"

I paused. Nathan? Nathan Rooks? The one that I had once confessed - albeit very drunkenly - my love to? That Nathan?

"I'm sorry - what?"

"I know! When Marcus told me I almost flipped. I mean, that boy got you in more trouble than I can even bare to think of. I almost didn't even believe him, you know? Like, I totally thought he was just messing around because you know how Marcus is. But then we went to the Rook's house and there he was! He was throwing this giant party, right? Everyone was there. But then the cops busted the party and we had to run away. It was insane." She was talking a mile a minute and it was hard for me to keep up with everything she was spewing.

Nathan Rooks was back. Nathan. Rooks. The most beautiful, twisted, arrogant, rude, and by far, the saddest boy I had ever met. And he was back.

Now, I really can't wait until senior year is over.