Chapter 6

Daiya~

I slowly opened my eyes with a sharp pain in my neck, looking around to find myself in a cold prison cell, alone. My stomach dropped, realizing I'd been arrested last night. How was I supposed to get out of here before Masao's retirement? I found my biker jacket beside my bed, shredded and vandalized. Must've been a rival gang around here somewhere... I let out a small growl when I realized my gun had been confiscated, slipping on my tattered jacket with a long sigh. This was only the second time I'd ever been in prison, believe it or not. I didn't get caught often, and the cops had better things to deal with. "You're still gonna wear that damn thing? After those punks tore it up like that?" I heard someone call, turning to see a blonde with scars lining his face in a rather obscene way. He stood in the cell directly across from me, glaring at me in a rather amused way. I scoffed and nodded, twisting around over my shoulder to see they sprayed some...Rather vulgar kanji slurs all over it. I'd find the assholes who did this later. "That takes balls, man. The name's Ricky, or just Rick." He smirked, turning around to sport his own biker jacket, which displayed the words 'California Cruisers.' "You're from the States? How'd you end up here?" I asked, perplexed at the idea of how he ended up in a Japanese prison. "Gang was gonna settle here for a bit, got a little rowdy, did some things I'm not exactly proud of, and landed myself here." He shrugged, leaning against the metal bars caging him in. "Only other gang member of mine still here is Joey, rest headed back to file a lawsuit to get us outta this hell-hole. How about you, Mr.Spade?" "I shot like two people. Not the only time this has happened, but they got ahold of me last night." I sighed, causing his eyes to widen a little, but he still held the same smug smile on his lips. "Damn. Yo, Joey! Come meet the badass!" He shouted, turning behind him to the sleeping figure in the upper bunk of his cell. "What the hell are you shoutin' about now?" The man I assumed was Joey mumbled, turning on his side with an frustrated grunt. It took him a while, but he finally sat up, running a hand through his sleek silvery-blonde hair. "This guy, come check em' out!" Rick yelled back, pointing at me with a wide smirk. "Well I'll be damned!" He said, obviously surprised to see me. "It's him!? Bro, you're the talk of all the motorcycle gangs in the States!" He exclaimed, jumping down from his bunk. This was news for me, but I couldn't help feeling a little prideful. I turned to show him my defaced jacket, just so he'd know I was the real deal. "Looks like some wanna be pricks got to your jacket, man. What a drag." He said, shaking his head with a sigh. "I'll kill him later." I shrugged, hearing a door down the hall open up. "Alright you worthless scumbags! Get the hell out to the cafeteria! NOW!" I heard a guard scream, just as the bars to my cell swung outward. I stepped out with a yawn, following Joey and Rick to our destination. "I know you've been around the block a few times, but I just wanna make sure you know the food is basically death around here. We've got some good stuff stashed back in our cell, so we'll let you eat with us later." Joey offered, not even bothering getting a tray. We took a seat at the far side of the room, joining up with a few others that the two seemed to be quite close with. I mainly stayed silent, enjoying the recognition I got from all the others. Nonetheless, I still had to find a way out of here. I wonder how Izanami is holding up without me, to be honest. I hope Katashi is taking care of her, I hope she's still alive. As for Tasuma and Kyoko, I could care less. Let's just say, I wouldn't be attending the funeral. I was only keeping a promise. Destroying anything and everything that got in the way of the gang. I didn't find much wrong in my actions, and had already long forgotten any guilt I knew, except for Izzy. That's what I called her as a kid, and she'd kill me if she still knew I called her that in my head. She hated it so much, but I couldn't help calling her that. These thoughts brought me a wave of good memories, causing a cheerful smile to graze my lips. She was so gentle back then. It was so adorable, but I'm glad she knows a good bit of self-defense now. Just thinking about it now...

Flashback~

"Dai! Dai! Wake up Daiya!" Izanami squealed, bursting into my room with an excited shout. I didn't understand how she had so much energy, she was only 8... "Dai! Come onnnnnn! You promised we'd go get a bike for me today!" She cheered, shaking my shoulders with a wide smile. Though I was only half awake, I sat up slowly with a groggy yawn. "I know Izzy, I know. I didn't know you wanted to go so early!" I laughed, lifting her up into my arms. "We'll go get your bike, I promise, just let me fix my hair." "You care too much about your hair Dai!" She giggled, batting at it with her small hands. I laughed along with her, setting her onto the ground and slipping out of bed. "It'll only be a minute, Izzy." "Hurry! Hurry! Hurry!" She begged, running in circles and jumping excitedly. I couldn't help but to smile, taking my hair gel from the top counter. I ran it through my hair and went to work, styling my paumpador that I took extreme pride in. Izanami sat on the counter and watched me, poking at my chest in boredom. "Daiiiiiii!" She sang happily, swinging her feet and humming a tune. "Alright, alright Izzy! We're going!" I said brightly, settling with my half-done hair. I took her into my arms and strapped her into my own motorcycle, revving up the engine and beaming down the driveway. She held onto me tightly, head buried into my back with a startled squeal. I laughed and sped up, racing toward the dealership. I knew this was illegal, since I was way too young to own a bike, but I didn't mind. I personally believe the law was made to be broken. Maybe it's just me. We swerved again, this time into the dealership, seeing my good friend, Ryo, cleaning off one of the newer models. It wasn't just any of the newer models, however. It was the one I had custom made for Izzy. Ryo smiled and offered me a firm handshake, hugging Izanami as he set her on the new bike. "How about it, Kiddo? Do ya like it?" He asked brightly, to which she nodded quickly. Her two front teeth were missing, and it just added it how adorable she looked. "I love it! You're the best, Dai!" She giggled as I handed her the keys to the bike, which looked like spades. I felt so proud of myself, I'd never made her so happy. It made me feel worthy of my name. "Anything for you, Izzy."