Chapter five: Cody

Cody Winters has always been the kind of kid who ever since he was small, had a big personality, but never really showed it to you unless you were as close as I was. He never argued with me, and always made me feel like I was different from all my friends... like I was special. He was kind, and would crack the right joke at the right moment.

He was fit, and tall. He had dirty blonde hair, and when he was lazy would leave it down as bangs.

"Damn it Eva," He said staring down at me, from the foot of the bed. I flashed a weak smile. "You look pretty amazing considering everything you've been through in the last month." Cody said rubbing my leg. 

"Thanks you're not looking to bad yourself." He laughed. I couldn't help but smile when he smiled. He stood up and brought a chair next to the right side of my bed and and grabbed my right hand. "You're going to be okay. Okay?" He asked. I nodded, "Okay." I responded.

"Why'd you dive in? Into the water?" I asked after a few minutes of silence. "I don't know. I couldn't let it take you. I only remember thinking 'That's not the way she's going to go' I guess that's why." He said and he ran his index finger down my hand while the other hand was intertwined with mine. "Thank you." I whispered. He shook his head. "No don't thank me," he said his smile fading.

A nurse walked into the room. "I'm so sorry to interupt but Eva needs to rest." Cody stood up, not letting go of my hand. He was wearing a black sweater and jeans. "Can you give us a minute." I asked, my voice weak. "Of course." She said as she opened the door.

The second the door shut behind her he looked at me. "I'll call you okay?" I nodded. He kissed my hand which was still holding his. "Bye." That was the only word he said that I disliked. "Bye." I said as he let go of my hand. "I strongly dislike leaving you alone here, but I'll be in the cafeteria reading." I laughed. He left.

The nurse walked in and was hooking me up to IV. "He's cute." She said and she pierced the needle into my vein. I winced. "Yeah I guess." I laughed. "Is he your boyfriend?" She asked. "Nah, we're just close friends." I said, probably blushing. "Mm hmm." She said sarcastically under her breath. I giggled and she smiled. "You tired?" She asked. "A little bit." "Well you can sleep if you want, here," She said as she handed me the remote for the t.v. I smiled as a sign of graciousness. "You know where the pain pump is?" She asked. "Yeah." She smiled and flipped the light switch as she walked out of the room. I was pretty drowsy. I felt myself drift into a deep sleep.

I was sitting in a movie theater watching Jaws. Cody sat next to me putting licorice into his mouth. "Can I have one?" I whispered. He nodded and smiled as he pulled a rope out of the small package. He fed it to me. I giggled. He put his arm around me. Jaws was swimming towards the screen, mouth open. He was coming out of the screen. I realized I wasn't wearing 3D glasses. It bit my arm and shook me from left to right. "Cody!" I screamed. "I'm sorry." He said shaking his head. Incinerating pain. That's all I felt.

I woke up in a panic. My arm was on fire. I searched my bed for the pain pump. I squeezed it, as painkillers flooded into my system. I was slowly falling back into a deeper sleep but this time I didn't have a dream or nightmare. It was just black.

                             •     •     •

I hope you guys enjoy reading this! I'm trying really hard to update once every week. I hope you guys are still reading this... Feedback please ✌ thank you guys.

xXx Sofia