Chapter two: Everything Went Black

I shredded a few waves, until I found the big one. I started paddling fast towards shore. The boat pulled up a few feet away from me. "Go Eva!" Madeline, Ruby, and Cody chanted together. I caught the wave. An eerie feeling crept across me. I could feel myself slipping off my board.

I struggled to keep my balance. I fell. I felt scared in the water. Like something was after me. I swam up to the surface and took a breath. "It's ok Eva come on!" Cody chanted. I laughed.

Then, it got me.

Incinerating pain struck my left arm. Dragging me farther and farther underwater, I felt myself losing breath by the second. I slowly opened my eyes staring into the eye of my attacker. I looked up. Bubbles mixed with my blood were emerging to the surface. 'It's so pretty' I thought. I tried keeping my eyes open, knowing I was going to soon drift into an eternal sleep, I just wanted to look at it since it was going to be last glance of the world. My eyes started to burn, and that's when my eyes couldn't possibly withstand the strong saltwater. I looked up one last time before I closed my eyes.

That's when my lungs seemed to be set ablaze. I squirmed around in effort to get this animal off of me.

The dreadful sound of my bones crushing between its massive teeth filled my ears. Everything underwater seemed to be emphasized (The odds weren't exactly in my favor today).

Long teeth dug into my arm as hard as it could. And now I'm here. I heard a splash. I opened my eyes to see more bubbles then there were before. A shadow swam towards me. A glimmer of yellow shined under the water.

I immediately knew it was Cody who dove in. Considering that Ruby had bright red hair, Madeline had glossy brown hair, and Tamara wouldn't dare risk her life for me. I started to think about my life. I remembered school and my friends. Eva, Madeline, Cody, Anna-Maria, Caleb, Cristina, and some other less important people.

Eva was peppy and happy. Madeline was sweet and kind. Cody was... Cody. Anna was funny and nice. Caleb and Christina were both fun to hang out with.

I felt Cody pry opened the jaws. It slowly backed up. The shark jerked backwards. A burning sensation went over my entire body. I got goosebumps and started screaming. Water filled my lungs. An arm pulled me up.

I was on the surface of the boat. Madeline's shriek of terror woke me from a dizzy place in my head. I opened my eyes seeing only red, and the faces of my horrified friends.

I distantly heard Tamara throwing up from shock and the pool of blood I was currently laying in. A huge wave made the boat bob up and down rapidly. A sample of the wave washed through the railing, knocking me into the door of the cabin.

Cody wrapped my bloody arm with a white towel. I looked at the towel. The towel was no longer white, but now red. Completely red. My eyes got wider, pulse got faster, hairs stood on the back of my neck, and everything went black.