1 | The Question

Pinkie Pie was beaming brightly as she bounced through the bustling halls of Canterlot High. As she passed by her fellow students she would halt in midair and give them a quick greeting before bounding off again. All the while she's keeping her eyes peeled, scanning over each individual face crowding the halls. She had only one specific face imprisoned in her mind, which just so happened to be the adorkable face of her longtime friend Twilight Sparkle.

The exact same Twilight Sparkle that Pinkie had a massive crush on. They had become best friends after Twilight had moved from the upper Canterlot district to the lower Canterlot district, she had also switched from her boarding school for gifted children to Canterlot Middle. As soon as Pinkie had laid eyes on Twilight she was awestruck by her beauty. She had at first figured that maybe she was just excited at the prospect of a another friend, but Pinkie was always making friends and never before did she feel like this.

She felt like until she met Twilight she had been holding her breath and suddenly she was able to breathe, like before it was gravity holding her close to this world and now it was Twilight. She had never felt so consumed by the need to be together with someone before, and honestly in her opinion she couldn't have chose a better person. Twilight was her soul and without her Pinkie felt like an empty husk, nothing but a shadow of her former self. She could only dream that Twilight even felt a fraction of the same towards her.

Lately Pinkie had been mustering up every bit of courage and willpower she owned to pop the question. If Twilight would be her co-party planner, her significant other, her girlfriend. Or if she would at least attend a single measly date with a pathetic mortal like Pinkie.

And today's the day! She'll finally ask Twilight to be hers and hers alone. She could feel it deep in her bones, in her heart. Then at last they'll finally be more then just friends, they'll be the couple Pinkie has been dreaming about and yearning for since the day she'd encountered Twilight. She had already told their besties about her super, duper, big crush on Twilight and had even asked, well more like begged relentlessly, for their help in asking the question.

They had all wholeheartedly agreed saying that her and Twilight were a perfect match and that it was like they were literally made for each other with how they complimented one another. Now the only thing Pinkie had to do was locate Twilight and take her out to the secret spot where the others are waiting. Nothing could possibly go wrong.

As Pinkie rounded the corner she squealed excitedly when she spotted Twilight exiting the library. Her Pinkie Sense had been spot on, Twilight had been holed away in the library, but knowing Twilight it was basically an assumption that was usually confirmed. She began to walk towards her casually while trying to mask her emotions and not reveal her true intentions, when it happened.

Twilight had been so mesmerized by the novel cradling as if it was a newborn baby in her hand that she waltzed headfirst into a ignorant and inattentive Flash Sentry, this in turn caused the two to collide and knock Twilight's sizable book pile onto the floor, it also left both parties sprawled across each other in a rather intimate fashion. Flash bolted up instantly as his face flushed a scarlet hue. He then apologized profusedly as scrambled to collect all of the fallen books off the ground. Meanwhile Twilight blushed deeply as she clambered to assist him all the while blabbering about being distracted and how it was her fault.

Once he had gathered all the books off the floor he sheepishly held out the books for Twilight to take, his arms trembling and knees threatening to buckle from the encumbering weight that Twilight had easily been carrying. She just chuckled at his behavior and hoisted all of the books into her arms again adjusting her grip to hold them more securely. That's when Pinkie decided to make herself known, watching their exchange she couldn't help but feel envious of Flash. He was also making it quite known that he had feelings for her Twily. Pinkie Pie started to skip towards them while masking her raging jealousy with a large friendly grin.