The Wedding | Pt. 5

Fluttershy was currently driving back to her apartment the she shared with Rainbow Dash. Even thinking about her causes her heart to hurt, with everything that has happened lately she has barely been able to speak to Rainbow Dash. Sighing she closes her eyes trying to figure out how she could fix this because she was scared of what will happen if she can't. A angry honk jolts her back to the present. Glancing at her rearview mirror she gives a sheepish smile and whispers a sorry before driving.

After an hour she parks in front of her apartment building. Turning the car off she just stares at the entrance dazedly. She had considered calling her mother but then she remembered how her parents reacted when they found out that Rainbow Dash was pregnant as well as the circumstances resulting in her pregnancy. "How dare she treat my daughter like this? She's played with your heart for the last time. Me and your father have decided that you should come stay with us for awhile and give that monster some time to pack her stuff and leave your apartment honey." Was her mother's response.

That was when Fluttershy lost it. Her entire life she had never disobeyed her parents or so much as gone against them in anyway, that was always Zephyr's thing. But hearing her mother talk about Rainbow Dash like that Fluttershy couldn't keep her cool. "How dare you. I told you the whole story and you still think it's Rainbow Dash's fault? I'm disappointed in you mother. I was raised to believe that when somebody goes through something traumatic such as being assaulted against their will by somebody they trusted, that they are the ones who deserve the most kindness and support than anyone. Yet you accuse Rainbow Dash of being monster when the true monster is that- that- awful man. You have known Rainbow since kindergarten and still you turn your back on her. I love her more than anything in the world, and to hear you say those hurtful things I can't help but feel like you don't care about her as much as you claim you do. I don't want to speak with you again until you can realize your actions and apologize to my Dashie. Goodbye mother." Fluttershy had never been so hurt before by her own mother. Just thinking about it boiled her blood.

Taking several deep breaths Fluttershy got out of the car and approached the door to her apartment building. Looking to the side she could see Rainbow Dash's motorcycle parked beside the entrance. Steeling her resolve she set to climbing the stairs. Once she reached the her door she froze. She was scared. What if Rainbow Dash really did want to go their separate ways, or what if she didn't want to be with Fluttershy anymore. Is she angry at her, does she not want Fluttershy to help her raise her baby.

Without realizing that she was crying she shakily stepped towards the door and firmly grasped the handle. Her breathing quickened and she recognized that she was having an anxiety attack. Rainbow Dash was usually the one who helped her through them. What will she do without her? Stricken by her emotions Fluttershy yanked the door open with more force than she meant. Standing on the other side with tears running freely down her face was Rainbow Dash. A look of surprise enveloped both girl's faces.

After a long silent moment Fluttershy spoke. "Hey Dashie."

----------------------------------------------------------

Hey everybody! Surprise! I know it's not much but it's the setup for the finale I'm in the process of writing. It's been a while I can admit that. I honestly never expected this to get much attention but over time it's only grown. What with quarantine and COVID things have been difficult for me. No words can ever express how sincerely grateful I am for all those who have taken the time to read my writing. I truly am sorry I haven't been as attentive to updating as I should have. I hope this can tide you over as I've gotten the motivation to write again. As always my readers.

~ Fireninja2003