Chapter 9

This was the second night I awoke to the feeling of Rai's warm arm around me. But this was the first time I ever really experienced the panic of waking up barely dressed in the arms of a man who doesn't know me as well as I know him. That, yes that was the reason for the twist in my stomach and the sharp pain of stinging in my nose.

Nothing happened.

Ok perhaps that isn't entirely true. Something obviously did happen. But there was no home run, no earth shattering sound of a world cheering the release of a persistent build up.

Rai couldn't continue beyond the kitchen. We made it to the doorway separating the living room and kitchen, but after that he couldn't.

I felt a change in the tempo of his kiss. The heat disappeared. He wasn't exactly stiff. He just wasn't excited anymore. Part of me wondered if that quick session against the wall did it for him. Another part of me begged to ask him. But I couldn't. Not after he took me down to show me his project.

It was finished.

And that's when it dawned on me. We slept in the Jacuzzi. With this realization, my spine finally decided to express its pain. I held my breath and listened for the sound of Rai's breathing. He was knocked out. Slowly, I slid his arm off of me and stepped out of the tub.

Fleeing the room, I went to my own and locked the door behind me.

I need another shower.

--

Authors note: I'm losing the motivation to complete this story. I know exactly how the rest will go, but the writing process is killing me. Should I regain the motivation I will complete this book in a single chapter w/ out much details. Let me know what you guys think.