Chapter 6

I awoke to complete darkness. The air in the room was cold against my face, but for some strange reason that coldness didn't touch the rest of my body. I felt the brown quilt against my naked legs and something heavier across my torso.

Even before feeling the large arm snaked around me, below my chest, I knew both what and who it was.

Sometime in the night Rai walked into my room and made himself comfortable in my bed! I froze, what was an easy awakening suddenly became a very difficult one.

Stretching my hand I searched for my phone and clicked the screen on.

3:30 am.

Using the soft light from my screen, I tried to make out his form.

Oh, dear god. He wasn't wearing a shirt. Discomfort washed over me as I was guessing whether or not he was wearing anything at all. He wouldn't sleep naked, would he? He's not the type.. is he?

I groaned in frustration. Flushing at the thought of trying to go back to sleep knowing that Rai was sprawled next to and over me. Slowly moving my feet under the covers I searched for the rest of his body to ensure that he wasn't fully naked. Just a small touch with the tip of my toe.

When I found nothing the first few centimeters, I grew frustrated and extended my legs faster until the back of my foot collided against something very hard. And thank God- very covered.

But as soon as I touched him he began to stir. Fuck. Shutting my eyes tight I silently prayed I didn't wake him.

I gasped at the sudden movement of his arm gripping me tighter and moving me closer to him. He snuggled himself against my back and continued to sleep.

Oh-my-god, don't panic. Don't panic. I'm panicking. How do I get up without waking him? And if I wake him how will he react? Eddie said as long as he didn't pass the fifth stage of sleep. But how the hell am I supposed to know what stage he was in?

Crap, what did he call it. MPG? No, that's miles per gallon stupid. RPM? RCM? ... dammit. What was it?

REM, rapid eye movement. Ofcourse. I grab my phone and turn on the flashlight. I shift around so that we were no longer spooning... well there certainly a WE in what was going on. Facing him, I tilted the phone and studied his closed eye lids for signs of rapid eye movement. That's what Eddie meant right?

Focusing my own eyes I noticed that his eyes were rapidly moving. Crap, mother of all crap. He's not going to remember me in the morning. And I'll be here in the morning, before he can read his own notes or watch his own vlog, or see his set of pictures.

It can't get any worse than this. I look back down at him and instead of his soft eye lids staring back, I see two eyes looking up at me squinting for focus. Fuck. Not waiting for him to say anything, I shove the phone under the pillow and bury my face in the little space between us hoping I can still fake sleep through whatever was going to happen next.

I felt the bed sink and rise beneath me as what felt like Rai standing off the bed. Confirming, the sound of his feet padded against the floor. The bedroom door opened and closed softly.

He left? I waited a few seconds to be sure and when I heard nothing I stood and blindly felt my way towards the light switch. Just as I was getting closer to the switch my hand landed on something smooth and hard.

He tricked me.

The realization of what I was touching made me stumble back with a loud scream. Landing on my butt, I lifted my head in the direction of the sound of Rai's breathing. 

"Who are you?"