A Fool's Game: Chapter Six

Start from the beginning

            Molly scoffed and took off running towards the bed. She landed with a plop and giggled breathlessly, “I have always wanted to do that.” She stated, as she moved her wild hair out of her face.

            Laughing, I shook my head. “Always wanted to do what?”

            “Jump on this bed, it’s always perfect. So perfect, it’s annoying.” She said, as she leaned up and looked down at me expectantly. “So…?” She urged in an obvious way. I knew exactly what she wanted to know, but I was afraid to tell her. Would I be able to tell her without giving off the major signal that I may have a little bitty crush on the guy? I mean, if she met him again, she would understand.

            “He was nice.”

            Molly frowned and then took a deep breath, “Nice? He was nice? Come on Savannah, I want the raw, juice details!” She practically yelled at me.

            Leaning up, I nibbled on my bottom lip and recapped over the whole night. “Yes, he was just like any other man of his status. Flashy and flirty but still very sweet.”

            Her eyebrows rose in curiosity, “Flirty? Towards you?” She questioned, and for some odd reason, I didn’t want to tell her about Addison but I knew she knew something was up.

            I shrugged lightly and tried my best to avoid eye contact with her. “Me and every other woman in the place.” I told her, knowing I should have kept that part to myself. “But really, what does it matter? I’m in it for the money, if he wants to be a flirt towards other women, that’s Camilla’s problem when she comes back. Not mine.” I told her, knowing it was true. I didn’t want to be made a fool of, but I could endure anything for two months, right? Right.

            Molly laughed out and nodded her head in agreement, “Never thought you had it in ya, Collins. I do give you props though, after the picture I saw in the Times, I figured you’d be doomed by now.” She said, nonchalantly.

            My eyes widened and my mouth went totally dry, “Picture? What picture?”

            She giggled again after jumping off the bed and grabbing her Micheal Kors bag off the floor, “You haven’t seen it yet?” She asked, as she grabbed the New York Times out of her bag and flipped it open to the picture.  She began reading and trying to contain her giggling at the same time. “Camilla Beaumont, at St. Jude’s annual charity ball wearing beautiful Vera Wang designer dress while falling into the arms of international business tycoon, Sawyer Davenport. Is this blonde bombshell finally settling down?” The dramatic effect in her voice only made it worse.

            I quickly snatched the paper out of her hands and began scanning over the article, only catching a couple of lines. Sources say, they saw the two walking out of The Alluvian holding hands and snuggled up next to each other as if they had known each other for forever. Has this little beauty been keeping a secret? My cheeks reddened, I was in the New York Times! My breath hitched and I couldn’t help but feel giddy. It was all too exciting, I thought as I looked over to the picture.  My eyes widened and I couldn’t breathe for a whole second.

            In the picture, I stood in Sawyer’s arms. The picture must have been taken the moment he caressed my cheek and asked for a second first date. I had been looking up at him and he was looking down with an expression that looked something like admiration or longing. Me, on the other hand, I looked completely captivated by him. It looked as if I was so caught up in him that no one else was around. I looked to see Sawyer’s hand lying on my lower back and it was if I hadn’t even been there for the picture. It was if…I had been so enthralled by those grey eyes that I hadn’t noticed his graceful and charming body language.