A Fool's Game: Chapter Four

A Fool's Game

Chapter Four

Savannah

We had been riding in the back of the limo for twenty minutes now and neither of us had said a word. To say it was awkward was an understatement and I couldn't understand why. Sawyer Davenport had managed to make me feel even more uncomfortable than I ever had with Mason and I didn't like it. From the moment he had taken the first glances at me to this moment in time, I felt as if he was sizing me up. The worst part was that I couldn't tell if it was in a bad or good way. If I had to guess, it was bad but I didn't let it bother me like I normally would have. And, I couldn't lie. I had spent most of the ride sizing him up as well. Camilla hadn't warned me that he was so good looking and well, Molly tried but I figured I didn't have anything to worry about because we had always had different tastes. The fact is, I didn't believe her at all. Not until now, I saw it for myself. And he was definitely one of those men that literally made every passing woman double take and want to fall to their knees in fantasy. Well, at least that's the way I had felt.

Honestly, I had no idea how I was going to get through this one date with those intense grey eyes; much less others multiple dates.

After a moment, I peeled my eyes away from the window and secretively glanced towards him. He sat completely relaxed, looking out of the window, with one arm propped up on the window shield and the other holding an expensive crystal glass that was filled with deep brown color liquid. His blonde hair was messy as if he had forgotten to run brush through it before he left home. In fact, his whole appearance almost seemed quite careless. Immediately when he sat down in the limo, he jerked his dress jacket off, rolled up the sleeves to his nice Polo button up and then loosened his tie to let it hang from his neck. My first impression was that he obviously didn't mind if he impressed me or not, but I didn't mind. Sawyer Davenport was only a little piece to Camilla's little game and so was I. And I was only in it for the help I was getting.

Still, from the opposite side of the limo seat, I could still see those hypnotizing grey eyes that were surrounded by his long, thick eyelashes that any sane woman would kill for. His eyes in general made me quiver on the spot and that wasn't supposed to happen. He wasn't supposed to charm me like that and he had already managed to without even saying a word. My eyes dropped to observe his facial structure because earlier I hadn't had time to. And let me say, it was eye-catching. His cheek bones were high and jaw line was rounded so distinctively that it was almost mesmerizing. His cheeks were slightly tinted with a pink color and his lips...They left little to be desired.

It's all a game, I had to remind myself. If I didn't, who knows what I would have been doing at that moment in time. Maybe begging; even if it was for one short kiss just to feel those soft lips. Hell, with those looks most women would probably be begging for much, much more than that.

I watched in silence as he gulped down the rest of his drink and took a deep breath, "So...Camilla Beaumont." He murmured, as he stared down at the empty glass. "My future wife." He mumbled and I had to make myself look away from those inviting, pink lips. Every part of me wanted to correct him, I wasn't Camilla Beaumont. I'm Savannah Collins; Not even close to her to Camilla. I couldn't though and I was surprised at how bad I actually felt about it.

For a moment, I was stunned. It was quite an opening line and I honestly had no idea how to reply to it so I silently nodded. What in the world could I possibly say to that? Yupp unfortunately, I sure am. Better get used to it. Frankly, I had no doubt that Camilla would have said something in that area but I couldn't manage a single word much less those harsh ones. It was obvious that just like Camilla, Sawyer didn't want to have anything to do with this situation either. "I-I think we should just make the best of it..." I told him, trying my best to not stumble over the words. "...And get used to it whether we like it or not." I laid it out all on the table, hoping that it would sound somewhat like something Camilla would have originally said to him if it were her.