Catching Feelings

Chapter one- life story

Devon Ross has been home schooled all of her life. Never left out of her dads sight, never made friends, never had a social life. Devon's family has been very depressed ever sense her sister Maddie past away from a severe case of leukemia. So Devon sits in her room watching, staring at Maddie's bed.

Her parents don't say a word to Devon, only a sad look. Devon has been living this way for 2 years now, hoping that she could finally go outside. Maddie was only sixteen, about to get her drivers license. Devon was twelve at the time, and now she's fourteen. Devon automatically snaps out of her daydream about her past and walks downstairs. "What's for dinner?"She asks her mother, hoping to get a response. Macy Ross says nothing, not even a sad look, she just stood there looking off into the distance. Devon gets irritated, she's had enough. "Mother! I'm sick and tired of you and Father ignoring me, Two years mother, two years you both hadn't spoke! And I'm sick of it! Just because Maddie past away doesn't mean I'm not sad but you both are over exaggerating this situation!" Devon's father walks into the kitchen, looking at Devon saying nothing then turning away. "Mother?" Mumbled Devon. Macy Ross turns to the kitchen doorway and walks away.