Chapter 11

When I got back into the house I just walked straight to my room and changed into a hoodie and shorts. I took a sleeping pill and laid down hoping this time the pill worked.

I was back in that damn car but I didn't fight it this time. I let it happen but when the car hit I still screamed. I shot up in my bed and my face was covered in tears. I sat there for a minute trying to calm my breathing when my phone oddly buzzed and I noticed I had a message

 I sat there for a minute trying to calm my breathing when my phone oddly buzzed and I noticed I had a message

I wasn't sure it was a good idea but I went anyway because I hated being in this house alone. When I reached his door he stood in sweatpants, no shirt, and a really cute bedhead. "I thought you were awake already?"

Aiden laughed nervously "I hoped you wouldn't notice. I didn't want you to feel bad." his voice was scratchy from sleep. He opened the door "Welcome to my humble abode." I covered my mouth so my laugh wouldn't wake the others

"You do remember I used to practically live here, Right?"

He took me by the hand, which sent goosebumps up my arms, and said "Hush back there I'm trying to be polite."

When we got to his room it smelled like him and I wanted to just stand there and take it all in. "You can sleep on the bed and I'll take the recliner."

I immediately shook my head "No, you take the bed. It's your room plus I probably won't sleep much."

He moved closer to me "Camryn just try to sleep. I'll be right here if you need anything. If you need anything at all wake me up." I nodded and curled up underneath the covers

Falling asleep was easy, maybe from the scent of Old Spice and lemon detergent. Staying asleep was a problem. I was woken up to Aiden slightly shaking me "Cami wake up please."

I sat up and wiped my face. I only had tears this time and Aiden looked scared "I'm sorry but you were shaking and whimpering. You looked so scared, I didn't know what to do."

I started crying again and he pulled me into his chest. I didn't want to leave ever. In his arms, I felt safe. "I'm sorry, please don't cry." After a while, I pulled away and used my sleeve to wipe my tears off of Aiden's chest.

"Lay back down. You're okay now." he went to walk away but I felt safer with him by me.

I grabbed his wrist stopping him "Stay." he looked confused but nodded his head before getting under the covers net to me. Aiden pulled me to him and I laid my head on his chest as he played with my hair making me want to sleep again. The nightmares leave me exhausted but before the sleep could take over I heard "It's okay Cami, I have you."

I woke up to Aiden trying to move out from under me without waking me up. I laughed weakly at his attempts and he joined me "I'm sorry but I tried."

I sat up on the bed and moved my hair from my face "I have to get ready for school but I was going to let you sleep a little longer."

I smiled as I stood "I appreciate it but I should be headed home anyways."