Prologue: The Past

'Allo governors, before we begin, I decided to do this story because I am learning about Gallipoli in History class right now. Also this is partially based off of a book I read on Wattpad called Never Too Late. Check it out and I'll see you later.

Ash had recently lost in the finals of the Kalos League but has developed a crush on Serena. She had won the Master Class and became the Kalos Queen so he wasn't sure if she'll agree. He decided on asking her to travel with him again and hopefully start a relationship. Serena also had developed feelings for Ash but didn't think he'll return them because of how dense he is. She decided on staying in Kalos to do her duties as Kalos Queen.

"Hey Serena, can I talk to you for a bit?" Ash asked.

"Sure Ash what is it?" Serena replied.

"Well I've been thinking about this, and I decided to ask you if you want to travel with me again" Ash requested.

"Ash, I'm not leaving Kalos, I am staying here to do my duties" Serena answered.

"But Serena, you can still do your duties while you're away" Ash stated.

"I AM STAYING HERE AND THAT'S FINAL" Serena said angrily.

"Fine, have it your way" Ash said almost at tears.

Ash walked out of the Pokémon Centre feeling depressed about the situation. He angrily kicked a rubbish bin down and sat on a bench crying. After a few minutes, Clemont appeared and sat next to him.

"Ash, what's wrong?" Clemont asked.

"I asked Serena if she wants to travel with me but she refused and didn't care" Ash explained.

"I'm guessing you've developed feelings for her" Clemont pointed out.

"Yeah, I really wanted to travel with her and hopefully start a relationship" Ash stated.

"Whelp, hope you have a safe trip back to Kanto" Clemont said.

"Thanks pal" Ash thanked.

2 years later:

(Ash is now 18) Ash woke up from his bed after the nightmare he had. He had been experiencing the same nightmare for four years since he left Kalos. Ash couldn't sleep and layed there until someone on the bunk under him spoke up.

"Are you doing okay up there?" An English accent asked.

"I'm having the same nightmares Andrew" Ash answered.

Andrew was Ash's friend that he made when he came back to Kanto. The two met in military recruitment and helped each other along the way. The two are cadets in the army and are still training to become stronger with a few like Clemont, Drake and Jack. Andrew was slightly taller than Ash who had black hair moved to one side. He wore black frameless glasses over his green eyes and does his best in the military.

"Must be hard not to think about it" Andrew pointed out, "I'm sure if you see her again, you won't have those nightmares again"

"I doubt that, Clemont already told me that" Ash replied.

"You never know what might happen, she might come crawling back to you" Andrew stated.

The eventually went back to sleep as they were all training for wars that might happen at some points. The reason Ash joined the army is because he didn't have the feeling to travel anymore after Serena refused to travel with him. The only way he can travel would be joining the military and that's what he did.

With Serena:

Serena has been the Kalos Queen for a while now and hasn't lost at all. She had so much anyone could possibly ask for. She had a huge mansion, many different types of clothing, lots of money, many kinds of vehicles, a huge pool and many workers for her. But there was one thing that was missing from her and that was someone to love. Serena sat quietly on her balcony in deep thought when someone interrupted her.

"Serena, are you feeling okay?" Bonnie asked.

"I'm not, I have the feeling that something is missing" Serena stated.

"It's probably Ash, you probably still love him" Bonnie hypothesised.

"What makes you say that, I can't love him if he doesn't notice me" Serena snapped.

"Serena, he probably does care for you because why would he personally ask you to travel with him" Bonnie stated.

Bonnie's words hit her on the head like a train crashed into her because someone said "I like trains." Serena realised that Ash had feelings for her the whole time and wanted to spend more time with her. She burst into tears thinking about how she rejected being with Ash again when it could've been her chance to be together with Ash.

"You know what Bonnie, I'm going to Kanto when I can" Serena said confidently.

"That's the spirit, and I can't wait to see Clemont again" Bonnie added.

The two went back into the mansion to sleep the night.

Thank you for reading this as I really wanted to make a story like this. If you are wondering about Clemont's gym well it's being taken care of by Clembot. Also, you'd probably think Clemont would be terrible in the military but that's just my story. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and I'll see you next time. Cheerio everyone.