Ospedale

Lucy's POV

I stared out my window thinking about what I'd just said to Mateo. He wanted kids. That was reassuring a little. I mean I'll admit watching Michael take Laura to all her doctors appointments and baby shopping made me crave what they had. I don't know why maybe it has to do with Nico leaving.

He was like my little son. Me and Mateo were like parents to him, I mean of course so were Laura and Michael but Nico always followed Mateo around and I'm always with Mateo so he grew on me. I mean after eight months how could he not ?

It started to feel as if he belonged with us that I forgot he would eventually leave us whenever his mother came for him.

I just—a loud horn sounded and I was thrown forward in the car. My head smacked the dashboard and my vision went blurry then black.

............................

Mateo's POV

Oh my fucking god. This is bad. I paced the hallway of small hospital. After the accident me and Lucy were rushed to the emergency room. I sustained little to no injury but Lucy wasn't wearing her seatbelt. She got knocked unconscious.

The doctors told me it wasn't as bad as it looked but that didn't help me. My girlfriend just sustained a head injury and possible concussion because I wasn't paying attention.

" Sir. " The doctor came over reading off his clipboard. He looked up at me.

" Uhhh Ms. Mathews has had a concussion but she is waking now you may go in but—" I pushed passed him and walked in her room. There was my girl sitting up in a hospital bed with a thick white bandage wrapped around her head. I rushed over to her and kneeled by her bed.

" Oh god Lucy...I am sorry. This is my fault I should've been paying attention and I—"

" Who are you ? " She interrupted and I looked up at her face and saw her eyebrows furrowed and her head tilted slightly in confusion.

" W-what ? " I mumbled abruptly standing.

" Yes, Mr. D'amico I was trying to tell you that Lucy has sustained some memory loss. She remembers her name and things about herself but other that she doesn't remember. This may be short term lasting only a week or two or it may be long term lasting months to years. You can take her home once she signs these papers. " He informed me but my mouth was still stuck in an O. I couldn't believe she didn't know who I was.

" You really don't know who I am ? " I asked her coming closer to the bed.

" No I am sorry sir. " She answered sadly and signed the doctors papers.

" I am your boyfriend Mateo ? Mateo D'amico. " I tried and she just stared back at me.

" I wish I could remember I'm so sorry Mateo. " She sniffled  tears watering in her eyes. 

" No no no don't cry bambina. It's alright I'm going to get you home and we will figure this out. " I rushed over to hug her. She returned it stiffly.

" Mr. D'amico there is a Mr. De'Luca here to pick you two up. " The doctor informed me and I nodded not taking my eyes off of Lucy.

" Who is Mr. De'Luca ? " She asked quietly.

" My brother well half brother—it's a long story. " I told her helping her off the bed all her movements were stiff and not warm like I was a stranger.

" Mateo are you alright ? How's Lucy ? " Michael asked followed by a very pregnant Laura who rushed to give Lucy a hug.

" Who are you and why are you touching me ? " She pushed Laura back slightly.