ten.

"Agent Hill!"

Director Fury came running around the corner around behind Hill, steadying her as she fell. I guess I backfisted her a little to hard. Opps.

Aw man, black spots were starting to form at the edges of my vision. Crap.

"Shay!" I heard a very familiar, very masculine voice behind me as I felt myself swaying, the magnitude of Agent Hill's two temple punches showing themselves as the adrenaline leaked.

"Shay, what the hell are you doing?" Steve asked as he caught me as I fell backwards. "I'm fine." I grunted, trying to stand. Dizziness and nausea washed over me as I fell backwards again. "No, not fine." I muttered, Steve's grip around my waist shifting and tightening.

Director Fury whispered something in Maria's ear. She nodded weakly, sending me her trademark cobalt glare, though weaker than usual. I sent her my signature smoldering gaze, though not as hateful as I had hoped for. Fury picked her up gently, looking very uncomfortable in the process.

I blinked. That did NOT just happen. Fury walked around the bend, giving me warning look as if to say, 'Do not mention this again, or you'll be sorry.' I immediately dismissed any thought of telling Natasha. When Nick Fury gave a threat, it was never an empty one.

I felt warm Steve's strong arms hold me tightly to his chest when my own legs could no longer support me.

"I'm going to take you to Dr. Banner." He said. He paused for a moment. "I'm sorry about this ma'am."

"What?"

Suddenly, I felt myself dip slightly as one of his arms slipped out from around my waist. I dipped down further as I felt the now familiar warmth around the back of my knees.

It was only when he lifted me into the air that I realized that he was carrying me.

Captain America not only had his arms around me, he was CARRYING ME.

ME.

SHAILENE ALEXANDRA ELREND.

Oh God, heart palpitations, heart palpitations. No Shay, you have to play it cool. Play like this isn't making your hormones go into overdrive, just don't say something awkward-

"I like your shirt." I blurted out. Well, I did. It was plaid and centered around a brown color scheme. Yes, I did like it, especially since it looked REALLY tight on him right now-

"Thanks." He said nicely. Probably thinks I'm a weirdo. Probably regrets carrying me to a doctor now. Damn it Shay. Damn you. Damn you and your social awkwardness issues.

"You don't have to do this." I say. He looks down at me quickly before replying, "I think I do ma'am. You are bleeding from a scalp wound, and you could barely walk a minute ago. Also, I could never allow an injured lady to walk when I could clearly carry her."

I smiled at his old fashioned morals and formal way of talking. Guys these days need to be like that. They needed a lesson from the Captain.

"You can call me Shay, you do know that, right Captain?" I asked. He smiled. "I'll call you Shay when you call me Steve. Deal?" I smiled and giggled lightly.

"Its a deal, Steve." He stopped, and I realized that we were in front of the lab. I felt a small, nagging sensation in the pit of my stomach. Something like... Disappointment? The hell was that doing there?

The door opened, and Steve carried me in, careful to not let my feet or head bang into the doorway. "Shay? What the hell happened to you?" Steve carried me over to where Bruce had swept all the supplies into a far corner of the lab table.

"Put her here please." He requested nicely. Oh, it's nice to know Steve isn't the only nice gentleman on this ship. I almost forgot about Bruce.

"What happened to you?" He asked as he dabbed a bit of disinfectant on my scalp wound. Steve was standing beside Tony, arms crossed and a look of concern in his eyes. Tony popped something in his mouth from a silver bag. He saw me looking at the food and asked, "You want a blueberry?"

"Yeah, please." I said. He smirked and replied, "Well you can't have one." He said. And, Steve and Bruce are the only gentlemen on this plane, it seems.

"Just give her a blueberry Stark, she's already pretty damn beat up." Steve said, giving him an irritated look. Stark rolled his eyes. "No. These are my blueberries!"

He threw one in the air, preparing to catch it in his mouth. As it reached the peak of its flight, Steve's hand shot out and snatched it from the air. Tony whined as Steve walked over and popped it in my mouth. "Hey!"

The sweet taste of the small, midnight blue fruit exploded in my mouth. I smiled gratefully. "Thanks."

"Oh, quite complaining Stark." Steve rolled his eyes. "You have a whole bag full." Tony rolled his eyes. "Fine, fine." He threw another in the air, and prepared to catch it in his mouth. Steve leaped over to him and swatted it away just as it was about to fall in Tony's mouth.

The blueberry bounced behind a table, and both Steve and Tony dived after it. Tony threw the bag of blueberries on the table, by my feet. Bruce finished cleaning my cuts and I sat up. I grabbed Tony's bag of blueberries and started eating some.

"Men." I muttered as I watched the two of them scramble for a single blueberry. "Uh, ahem!" Bruce coughed beside me. "Oh, sorry Bruce." I said, smiling. I offered him the bag of blueberries. "Here, I owe you some berries." He smiled and reached in, grabbing a hand full.

"Ha!" Steve cried, jumping up, blueberry in hand. It was still surprisingly clean, despite having rolled around on the floor for the past minute and a half.

Tony jumped up behind him and slapped the blueberry out of his hand. "Ow!" The blueberry sailed towards me, and almost instinctively, I sat up straighter and leaned a little over to the right, and caught the berry in my mouth. Both Steve and Tony froze as I grinned evilly in their direction.

"No!" Tony yelled from behind Steve. "Don't eat it!" Steve interjected. My smirk grew as I crushed the berry between my teeth.

"Shay!"

"No!! It was so young!!" Tony cried after Steve.

I laughed so hard, that I dropped the bag of blueberries. Tony dived forward and grabbed the silver bag out of the air before landing on is back. "Victory!" He yelled as he slid across the floor. He kept going, and hit his head on the lowest drawer of the steel cabinet. "Sh*t!"

Steve and I burst out laughing, while Bruce just rolled his eyes and went back to his work.