Epilogue

It has been many years passed since my pirate days, but never will they be forgotten. They are forever a part of me, much like walking each day with the sun shining. It’s always there, and I know in my heart that it will never leave. I will never forget the crew, nor will I ever forget the few moments I knew my father. The guilt of my past will always linger in my heart.

I live with living, breathing reminders of my past.Amin is my neighbour as well as my brother-in-law. I will always have my parents close to my heart, for I keep my mother’s locket and that old piece of broken jewelry close to my heart. The Keeper made that necklace for Mother before she passed, and now, I keep it with me always to remind myself of the past, to make sure never to repeat past mistakes with my family. I hold on to it to remind myself of that old shop I spent so many days working in.

Amin met a young lass--who lived near the Keeper’s old shop--named Mira. I had met Mira on a few occassions. She had hair like fire and eyes as blue as the sky. She always had a smile on her face and was always happy. She was lively and her spirit was as fiery as her hair.  She was perfect for Amin, and she made him happy. They were to be married in two weeks.

Bloody Mary is being captained by Delmar. The crew gladly accepted Delmar as their captain. I still see those ninnies every now and again when they come to visit Brighton.

I married a handsome blacksmith. I can’t help but smile as I stand in my small kitchen and gaze out the window to watch my husband laugh and play with our boys. I push open the window and call out to them, “Boys, time to eat!”

The trio came through the door in a hurry. I smiled at my husband after he gave me a gentle kiss on my lips. I smiled at the man who changed my life, and I, in return, changed his. The blue-eyed blacksmith who had been a pirate in a previous life.