Chapter 8

A/N: Woo hoo!!! So FINALLY she's out of her cell thanks to the darling and wonderful Theoric. Now I know many of you are going to freak out and say 'WHERE'S LOKI?" I promise, PROMISSEEEE that he will be along next chapter. I'll explain Véar as well in the next author's note.  The song on the right is just a sweet and soft song that I thought of when recanting Sigyn's past... Enjoy! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sigyn slept longer than she would have if she were still confined to her cell. It was about 10am and she had slept through her first meal of the day. Her stomach growled in protest, perhaps if she ventured to the dinning hall there would be some food left over.

Her body ached as she had anticipated when she stood. The bruises hurt and her lungs still burned when she drew a breath in. The mirror in the bathroom revealed that her cuts were healing and no longer bleeding like had in days past. Still, she replaced the bandages and tucked the loose strands of hair back into place. Smoothing out the black dress she had picked out to replace her one from yesterday, she made her way down the maze of hallways, following her nose to the smell of food.

Much to her surprise, there was some food left over, though nobody was there presently. She could see where each of them had sat, some of the kitchen staff was currently picking up. She quickly picked out some biscuits and a few pieces of fruit to nibble on while she ventured around the hallways; Theoric would meet her right after lunch to take her to meet the healers and later tonight she would begin her shift with helping out with the lunch and evening meals in the dungeons.

Walking out into the garden, she saw the stairwell that led to her room. It looked much higher than it had from yesterday on the balcony. Still, she took in the suns rays, taking a glance to the kingdom of Asgard. The gold shimmered off each of the buildings, and it was as if they were singing. The sky was the deepest blue she had ever seen, the grass greener than the foamy sea. Why did so many of the people she came with from her realm hate it? Perhaps it was jealousy, she could certainly understand why.

Sitting down in the grass underneath one of the trees, she closed her eyes, listening to the sounds and imagining her mother, father and Sango sitting at home. Sango always picked on her, even if she was the older sibling. She smiled at the thought of him running around and causing havoc in the town, he was notorious for that. Her mother’s kind eyes made her shed some tears and her father’s warm hugs made the tears come faster. She hadn’t realized she really had been crying till the plop of a tear on the back of her hand made her eyes snap open.

Standing slowly as to not agitate her body any more, she moved towards the stairs and began to ascend to the top of her balcony to await Theoric to take her to meet Eir and Véar.  The wind blew through the doorway to the balcony into her room stirring some of the books she had left open from earlier. The smell that the room held was something she couldn’t quite place, but she loved it. No sooner than had she began to place the books from the night before on the shelf did a knock come from the door.

“Lady Sigyn?” Theoric had opened one of the double doors and was standing in the room.

He did as he did the day before and starred at her at a loss for words.

“I…um… are you ready my Lady?” He stuttered visibly trying to make up for his prolonged stare towards her.