Doubts

Parking my car quickly, I ran off towards the garden gate. It was so dimly lit, I could barely see anything there.

I removed my phone from my jeans pocket and dialled Riya's number. Just then, I felt someone tap my shoulder, making me turn to their direction.

"Riya! What happened baby? Why did you call me like this?"

She didnt even smile when she saw me. This is so not her! Something's terribly wrong.

I put my hands on her shoulders "This is killing me Riya. Please tell me whats wrong? Did I do something that hurt you?"

She looked here and there nervously,as if battling what to say in her mind. I shook her again, cupping her face "Speak up Riya. Your silence is seriously killing me now."

"Tamanna had called me." She said in a low tone.

My heart cracked hearing the words that just escaped her mouth. Tamanna had called her. That means, she definitely must've said something that could ruin our relationship. My jaws clenched on hearing that.

"W..what did she say?"

She looked up at me, straight in the eye. "That dosent matter Pratik. What matters now is what you want?"

"Me?..Err.. As in?"

I could clearly see the tears brimming in her eyes, while she batted her eyelids really fast to hold them back.

"You still love her, don't you?"

"What?! Thats not true Riya. I love you and not her." I wrapped my arms around her strongly, holding her tight to let her know what she meant to me. I secretly wondered, where the hell did Tamanna get all the numbers from.

She remained in my embrace for sometime, but standing still as a stone. Her hands were on my waist, but not wrapped around me like always. I sighed and broke the hug finally, holding her at arm's length.

"I don't know how to prove this to you Riya. It's YOU who matters the most to me, it's YOU who's there in my heart, it's YOU who I love. Tamanna, is a closed chapter in my life. And I dont ever want to go through it again."

"If that's true, you would've told me that she's back. But you didnt!" This can't be true! Is she really doubting me? This is so not like my Riya.

I cupped her face gently, putting a strand of her loose hair behind her ear. "I didnt tell you because she just dosen't matter to me baby. I dont care if she's there or not. You are my life, my angel. Dont ruin your mood, thinking about a girl who dosent matter to either of us." I said, resting my forehead on hers.

She grabbed my hand, moving away.

This was frustrating me now. "Are you doubting me Riya?"

"Its not about the doubt Pratik. I.. I just want you to sort out your feelings honestly. We still have time till we're not married. I just.. just want you to..."

This was enough. I straight went and grabbed her elbows, turning her towards me "What do think you're doing Riya? Is this going to do any good for us?"

Her face went pale from shock and terror. Shock at my tone and terror, maybe at my choice of words. My face softened as I saw her like that.

"You're hurting me." She said trying to free herself from my grip.

Sure I was, but even she was hurting me by the way she behaved. Didnt she have even this much trust for me? "Dont you trust me?" I asked painfully, loosening the grip on her elbows.