Chapter 5

Chapter 5

“I'm not escaping. I'm just busy,” I retorted as I put my hand on the knob. 

“Did I do something dreadful to you? Where have we met and when? I usually have a good memory, and I'm sure that I know you, even though right now I can't remember where. Nicola look at me,” he ordered. 

I couldn't do that; he would have understood what I felt for him. So I just ignored what he said and turned the knob. When I was about to get out he came behind me and snatched my arm and jerked me around to look at him. Before I was even able to say one word, I saw his head descending. His hand slid around my waist pushing up against his chest and then his mouth captured mine. My lips were imprisoned beneath his. I parted my lips in astonishment; I wasn't expecting this reaction from him, but that was a  mistake. As this gave him access into my mouth, letting him deepen the kiss. I was shocked, and suddenly I felt in panic. My fingers went up pushing me against his bare chest, feeling the warmth of his body underneath  the palms of my hand. I wanted to pull back, but I couldn't. He was kissing me like no one ever did before. I melted into his arms; my heart galloped as he ravished my mouth with raw passion. My knees had weakened to the point that I couldn't hold myself. I let myself go completely into his arms. I inhaled his masculine scent and then I kissed him back feverishly with his same hunger. I had loved him in silence for years, and now I was where I always wanted to be, in his arms.

But then suddenly I came back to my senses, and I tried to push him away. What was I doing? How could I be so weak? Love or not I was going to get married in three weeks, and I had let Mikael kiss me like this. I suddenly felt guilty and ashamed at my response to him. I struggled to get free, and it was then that Mikael drew back and stared at me. His breath was shallow; his eyes full of desire and his sexy mouth had traces of my lipstick on it.

“Don't you ever do that again!” I cried. I was shivering violently. 

“I'm.. .I'm sorry but I couldn't resist. You're beautiful, and I'm..” He paused to take a breath. “I'm so attracted to you. Nicola-” He attempted to touch me, but I stepped back.

“No! Go away and leave me alone. Please just leave me alone.” I had tears in my eyes, and I hoped to be able to keep them from running down until he was out. He was going to say something else but then decided not to. Instead, he grabbed his shirt and put it on and then walked towards the door.

“I'll go but I'll be back.”

“If you do I'll call the security!” I warned. I was sorry to speak to him like this, but I couldn't do otherwise.  I had to forget him once and for all, and If he kept coming back then I wasn't going to be able to do it. 

“Why? Why do you hate me so much?”

“I don't hate you.” I looked down as a tear escaped from my eyes. “Please go."

“I'll remember who you are and when that happens, I'll come again.” He said and then opened the door and went away. When the door closed, I collapsed on my chair and hid my face in my hands and cried. Why was destiny so cruel? Why now? Sometimes fate loved to play jokes and definitely I wasn't enjoying this one.