Chapter 1

Chapter 1

“Nicola Stevenson, Nicola Stevenson is wanted at the reception, please.”

I sighed as for the umpteenth time I strolled towards the reception. Being a doctor was not simple, yet I loved my job. Today we had had 4 emergencies already and I was feeling exhausted. I had just finished operating a thirty-year-old man who had had a bad accident. Thankfully the operation had gone well and Dominic had been there to help me and sustain me. He was the best at the hospital, I knew he could teach me a lot. I still had a lot of things to learn and with his experience I was sure that one day I would be as good as he was.

“Lindsey, who wants me?” I asked the receptionist as I looked around to see if there was anyone waiting for me.

“The boss.” She said looking at me knowingly. I sighed and smiled back at her, although we had tried our best to keep it a secret everyone at the hospital knew that Dominic and I were more than friends.

“OK, thanks.” I told her as I made my way towards his office. I walked along the corridor until finally I arrived at his office. I stopped and knocked.

“Come in.” He said in his deep voice.

I opened the door and walked in.

“Dominic. You needed me?” I asked as I closed the door behind me.

He smiled as his dark eyes met mine.

“I just wanted to see you. Do you have a minute, I want to talk to you about something very important.”

“Sure.” I replied as I sat down in front of him. I always felt nervous in his presence even though we were a couple. I gazed at his face, even though he was already in his late thirties Dominic was really handsome. Dark haired,  he had black velvety eyes in which I found myself staring each time I talked to him, gazing into their inky depths.

“I know it's early, but I'm not young Nicola.”

“Coleen, no one calls me with my birth name.” I corrected.

“I prefer Nicola, it's suits you more.” He said as he reached out to grab my hand.