fifteen.

[CHAPTER FIFTEEN]

~

"What am I supposed to do? She won't wake up!" Minho whispered quietly, flailing his arms around his wildly as he stared down at the sleeping girl. "I have never had to wake up a girl before. What if she attacks me?"

"Attacks you?" Newt repeated, raising in eyebrows in question as he stared at his friend. "She's a human, not a buggin' animal."

"I've tried literally everything, guys! I think she's dead or something."

"What about throwing cold water on her? That always does the trick," Gally suggested, crossing his arms over his chest as he looked between the two boys. "Look, I have work to do- we're starting to expand the Homestead today, and I need to go. Can we hurry this up?"

The three boys were standing over Eleanor's bed, staring down at the sleeping girl as they tried to think of a way to wake her up. The single thin sheet on her cot was pulled over her body, tucked underneath her chin as if she had  woken up cold in the middle of the night. Her lips were parted slightly and her blonde hair fell over half of her face.

"This is dumb," Newt said with a roll of his eyes, bending down in front of the cot. He reached out and patted Eleanor on the face lightly; when she refused to stir, he did it again, only this time it was a bit harder. Eleanor groaned in annoyance, slapping away Newt's hand and tucking her head beneath the sheet.

"Minho, I swear to God if you do not leave me alone..."

At her words, Newt glanced over his shoulder with a cheeky smirk on his face, obviously finding it amusing how she immediately assumed Minho was the one behind this. He hadn't even noticed that Gally had left the room, though the boy was just now returning with a glass full of water in his hands.

"Here," he said, handing the glass to Newt before stepping away. Obviously, he was nervous around the sleeping girl, as well. Both him and Minho were keeping their distance, so Newt knew he had to be the one to do it.

"Sorry, Greenie," he apologized softly before throwing the water over her face. Immediately, he backed away and stepped behind Minho, just as the once sleeping girl sprang to her feet. She looked confused for a moment, blinking rapidly as ice cold water dripped into her eyes. But as soon as she noticed Minho, her lips pulled into a deep frown.

"Rise and shine- glad to see you're awake," Gally greeted her in a monotone voice. He turned around on his heels, heading towards the door, for he was more than ready to get out of the room with an angry and tired girl. "I'm leaving now."