Chapter Five

(Since i made everyone wait so long, i am uploading again. Again, this is not edited but i will fix it later) 

  “Wow, are you really going to wear that out?” Dalia asked. I looked down at my outfit. It was simple blue jeans and a button up shirt. I raised my eyebrow up at her.

  “What’s wrong with this?” I asked confused. I thought it was simple and cute, though Dalia always had a different taste in style than I did.

Dalia shook her head, “Don’t get me wrong, Fay, it looks cute, but did Dylan tell you where he was taking you?” I shook my head. “Usually when Dylan wants to get his mind off something he goes to Jolly Rockers.”

  “That local club downtown?” I asked.

Dalia nodded, “Yeah, he goes there often if he needs to clear his head. He probably goes down there at least a few times a week.” 

  “So, what do I do? I don’t have any clothes for a place like that.” I responded. Dalia put a hand on her chin; her face held pure concentration. She then snapped her fingers, grabbing my arm quickly and pulling me to her bedroom. She flung her closet door open and rummaged through it. When she walked out, she was holding a short dark green dress with sparkling sequins that moved with little movement. It was quite beautiful.

She flung the dress at me and demanded for me to try it out. She walked out the door, closing it behind her and left me to it. I slipped my clothes off and slid the dress up my body. It was comfortable and not to brag, but I rocked it. Dalia walked in and her eyes nearly bulged out of her head like a silly cartoon character. I posed in a goofy manner, “How do I look?”

  “Whoa! You look hot!” Dalia exclaimed. “You look better in that than I do. Please, keep it. I don’t think I’ll be able to wear that ever again now.”

I smiled, “Thanks.”

Dalia walked back into her closet and brought out some black stiletto heels. I questioned my ability to walk in them. She smiled with puppy dog eyes, “You would look great in these, too.” She said sweetly. I gave her the your-out-of-your-mind- look, making her pucker her bottom lip. How could you say no to that face? Callie does that to me all the time. She knows how to get what she wants.

I sighed, “Fine, fine.” She perked up and shoved the shoes in hands. I looked at them with absolute certainty that I would trip and fall, and possibly break my neck. In disdain, I sat on the bed and slid on the black heels. I took in a deep breath before standing to my feet. I wobbled a little until I contained my balance. Dalia, now a foot shorter than me, walked up pushing my slumped over back up and aligning my shoulders.

  “Don’t forget, no slumping.” She demanded. “Now walk and get used to them. Dylan should be here any second.” She said.

I walked around slowly, not really trusting these things called shoes. After almost tripping and falling twice, I had gotten used to them. Dalia even told me I was a natural, which gave me some courage. The doorbell rang and we both walked out of the room. Scott opened the door and revealed Dylan, who was wearing a button up and denim jeans.

When Dylan’s eyes found mine, they gradually slid down my body, making me shiver. He walked over to me and smiled. “You… look amazing.” He said, kissing my forehead. “Are you ready to go?” He asked.  

  “Just about, I have to tell Callie and Cam, bye.” I walked into the guest room Dalia had made into a baby room and saw the kids playing with their new toys and toys Dalia had gotten them when she made the room. I walked over to Cam, Kissing his forehead and then Callie’s. I walked to door and turned around, “You two be good for Aunty D. okay? I’ll be back to get you in the morning.” Callie said a quick okay and goodnight, and Cam sat there. He turned to acknowledge me for a second before playing again. I sighed defeated and walked outside.