Chapter Three

Hey!:) Not much to say. Hope you enjoy the chapter!:)

The car was filled with absolute silence. No words were said as we sped to the hospital. My mind was tormenting me with worry filled thoughts; my heart was thrumming quickly against my chest, making it hard for me to breathe. Dylan had slipped his hand around mine and gave it a tight squeeze, but still no words were spoken. It was getting very difficult to keep tears from filling in my eyes, but I told myself to be calm, that Callie Grace was going to be okay. For whatever reason, she was in the ER.

Once we arrived at the hospital, I was already in a bowl of shaking nerves. My palms were sweaty and I was just ready to go in and see what was wrong with my baby. I jumped out of the car, not even giving Dylan the chance to catch up with me. I ran through the automatic doors of the hospital and I saw Zoe, my coworker, sitting at the front desk. She noticed me running in and her eyes got wide.

 “Where is she?” I asked; panic finding its way into my voice. Zoe looked on her computer quickly and directed me to where she was. Halfway running down the hall, Dylan caught up with me and ran with me. No one was around or on the elevator, so it was easy getting to her, especially since my werewolf abilities were starting to kick in.

I finally reached the room, my pulse racing a hundred miles per hour. I busted inside the room and found Greta holding on to Callie Grace on the hospital bed; Camden sitting in the middle. I walked over to the bedside and reached for Callie Grace. She was bundled up in blankets and from what I could tell; she was shivering with bumps all over her. My heart raced wildly as the mommy was coming out of me.

  “What happened?” I asked Greta, keeping Callie Grace close to me so she could soak up my body heat. Greta climbed off the bed and took a seat at the other end of the room.

She frowned tightly and said, “It was very warm in the house. A little too warm for my liking, so I turned down the heat and put it on cold. Well, all of the sudden, Callie Grace started to cry, which was unusual. I checked on her and she was in the middle of the floor, shaking rapidly, with bumps all over her skin.” She moved her graying hair behind her ear. “So I brought her here. The doctor should come in any minute now and do some tests.” She sighed heavily and sat up straighter.

I didn’t respond. I looked at Dylan who picked up Camden from the hospital bed and Sat down in front of me. He smoothed down Camden’s auburn hair while keeping his eyes focused on me. We stared at each other for a while, before Dylan’s father, Derek, knocked on the door. His eyes looked weary and tired, and it seems he had more than just a five o’clock shadow.

He strolled into the room and met our gazes. Suspicion sparked about us two, but nothing was said about it. “So, what seems to be the problem?” Derek asked.

  “Well, I was called up here by Greta, I’m not sure exactly what’s wrong, but Callie is freezing, shivering, and has different sized bumps all over her body. I don’t know what’s wrong with her.” Derek walked over to me and lifted his hands, motioning me to give Callie to him. I thought about not letting her out of my sight, but I needed to know what was wrong with her. I handed her over gently and Derek checked her body and sighed. 

  “I’m going to need to run some tests.” Derek said. “Can I ask all of you, except Fay, to leave and wait in the waiting room please?” He asked. Dylan and Greta nodded and left the room quietly, taking Camden with them.

  “Follow me, please,” Derek ordered and walked out of the room. I followed after him while he walked quickly down the hall, holding Callie up against him. “So, were you and Dylan together when Greta called?” He asked.