Chapter 8

Chapter 8

"Piña Coladas & Sunset Blvd."

Mia's POV:

After about 6 hours of doing Ell's laundry with mom, it was about two 'o clock. I turned to mom who was folding the last of Ell's laundry.

"I'm done now." I held my hand out.

"Let me see what I have," mom reached into her pocket and grabbed her wallet. She handed me $30.

"Thanks mom." I ran out to where Ell was watching TV.

"I'm finally done with your freaking laundry!" I said out of breath.

"Okay. So what do you want to do?" Ell got up and turned off the TV.

"I don't know... Go to the mal-"

"If I'm going to be your personal butler carrying your all your bags, then we aren't going to the mall." Ell said in a girly voice making lots of hand gestures. I rolled my eyes.

"Fine, then what do you want to do?"

"I don't know, how about get shaved?" He mentioned.

"YUMMY!" I shouted.

"Alrightie!" Ell grabbed the keys to his car and we both hopped into the car. It was silent for a few minutes until asked a random question to break the silence.

"So did you like riding the bus in the morning the last time I went on tour?"

"Not really. I always like it when you take me to school and pick me up on Fridays." When Ell is not on tour, he always takes me to school in the morning and I ride the bus in the afternoon. Last year when he was on tour, I rode the bus in the morning and still in the afternoon. The bus ride in the morning is always crowded and noisy just as much as it was in the afternoon.

"I know," Ell looked over and smiled at me.

"Are you still going to come with me to the Lynches Super Bowl party tomorrow?"

"Of course! I wouldn't miss it for the world!"

"Well I was just wondering because of yesterday, you know..." He trailed off.

"Yeah I know." I said. Ell continued to drive until we pulled up to the wonderful Get Shaved. I walked up and opened the door without Ell, making sure there weren't a lot of people. I gave Ell the all clear and we walked up as normal citizens getting ice cream, which doesn't happen often.

"Hey hey hey! Look who it is?!" We heard someone shout. Immediately I recognized his voice.

"Hey hey hey! It's Big Larry!" Ell mimicked Larry and gave him a big hug. Big Larry has been working at Get Shaved for as long as I could remember. Yes, Big Larry might live up to his name being a big black guy but he is by far the greatest guy I know, of course besides my brother.

"Oh my," Big Larry gasped. "My little-o-Mia-My-a isn't so little anymore! Come to papa honey!" he spread out his wide arms for a hug.

"Gosh I haven't seen you in forever Big Larry!" I exclaimed.

"Here why don't you guys come on back so we won't draw any more attention to ourselves," Big Larry said and brought us back in where the employees work. We always did that if R5 didn't want to get noticed in public but especially me because know one was supposed to know I'm Ell's sister. Big Larry set up a table and three chairs for us and we sat down.

"Let me whip something up for you guys. What would you guys like?" he asked. Ell and I looked at each other.

"Piña Colada!" We both exclaimed at the same time.