8.

~I wondered how many people there were in the world who suffered, and continued to suffer, because they could not break out from their own web of shyness and reserve, and in their blindness and folly built up a great distorted wall in front of them that hid the truth~ Daphne du Maurier

Josephine-

(I KNOW THE ADDERALL AND GETTING IT FROM SOMEONE AT SCHOOL IS LIKE PLL BUT THIS IS GOING TO GO IN A WHOLE DIFF DIRECTION) :)

The next day at school, after a night of studying until eleven o'clock and waking up at six thirty, I didn't feel like laughing and giggling with my friends at lunch, or contemplating over what to do this upcoming weekend with them as we walked down the halls. I was glad that Harry didn't show up to any classes of the two we had together; or at least thats all the ones I know we share, who knows if he's skipping others. I didn't want to have to deal with his teasing, even if he bothered to speak to me.

Right now as I walk to math class alone, I spot Jarred across the hall from me, talking to a pretty blonde. Despite my complete awkwardness and shyness around people I don't know well, I made myself tap on his shoulder, something I would never do to interrupt someone from a conversation. But this is a must have at the moment, with class starting in minutes.

He looks at me questioningly, until realizing that I am a friend of Tyler's that he only knows through him alone.

"Oh, Joey." He greets me finally, and I nod my head in confirmation.

"I'm really sorry, but could I talk to you?" I rush the words, proud of myself for not stuttering.

"Yeah, sure." He says slowly. He tells the pretty girl goodbye, and she looks at me curiously as she walks away.

"I know I never talk to you, but I need to ask you a huge, huge favor." I tell him. I realize that maybe I don't fall over my words around him because I'm not uncomfortable. I know he's nice, and I know he's a good guy.

"And what's that?" He asks me, putting his hands into his jacket pockets. His dark brown hair is spiked at the top, brown eyes glued to me.

"Well, Tyler told me about...." I trail off, not sure how to get out with it.

"About what?" He asks me.

"About the Adderall." I blurt out. I start to speak again before he can stop me.

"And I don't have enough time to go to my doctor and get a prescription. I know you have some." I tell him desperately, and I see his eyes flick around us.

"I can't, I don't-"

"Please." I say, and he looks down to his feet, before sighing.

"How many would you need?" He asks me, and I nearly jump and run as the bell rings out of nervousness.

"Just enough until exams are over, that's all." I murmur, and I feel his eyes flicking over my face after, while I look down at nothing.

When he begins to walk away, I shut my eyes and sigh deeply, feeling defeated and not knowing what to do. That's until I look up, and I see him look back at me, flicking his head as for me to walk with him. I do, almost tripping over my feet in the process. We reach his locker down the hall, and only a few people linger in the hallway. This is the first time I've never been in class when it begins.

He is still taking them, I see, as he opens his locker and takes out a plastic bag, orange pills being poured into his hand, brown eyes snapping up to me.

"Please, just don't take too many at a time." He tells me as he passes them over. I instantly unbuckle my bag and put them in a pocket inside of it, shutting it after.